Bukit Batok Nature Reserve with Potato + Dinner @ Tann with Amelia + Pho Street with MIL & Potato + The Valley of Alchemists + 台风with Sep Love + The Potters’ Guilt with XY, SS & MT + 食立方with YB, WS, WL & WH + ActiveGroove Piloxing with Potato

Heard of Hotel Del Luna from Potato, and the story of a hotel for ghosts sounds intriguing, and hence I decided to watch it.

So it happened that the 장만월 (IU) from the Goguryeo era drank some liquid and became the owner of Guest House of the Moon, where she had to receive wandering spirits and send them on their way to their next lives. It became “Hotel Del Luna” in the modern days and one day, 구찬성’s (여진구) dad happened to step into the hotel when he had an accident, and in return, 장만월holds his son hostage, wanting his son to serve as hotel manager when he grows up. Stories of evil spirit, tiger spirit, sad partings etc went on, and the two continued to grow fond of each other. Until one day, 장만월saw the evil princess송화공주 (박유나) and her best friend연우(이태선) from her lifetime reincarnated as구찬성’s ex-girlfriend이미라and detective박영수respectively, she started to think the General she loved, 고청명(이도현), would be there too. (Unfortunately, he only turned into that firefly buzzing around the tree in the hotel that stuck around with her for the few thousands of years LOL. 是很凄美浪漫啦hor? )

It’s weird seeing the kid actor여진구grow up now and becoming the male lead of a drama! *Looks-wise, I prefer이태선and이도현over him though.* The장만월is practically a fashionista here… lots of styles she wore but I thought IU carried most of them well. 

Interesting plot, and there were some big names that appeared as minor roles in the drama like 이준기as an exorcist priest and김수현as the new owner of “Hotel Blue Moon” *squeals~*.

Rating: 3.5/5

Also caught the rom-com 사주는 예쁜 누나 (Pretty Noona who buys me food/Something in the Rain)!
서준희 (정해인) and 윤진아 (손예진) have known each other since young, and윤진아’s parents treat서준희and his sister like their own children. However, the younger서준희and윤진아got into a noona-dongsaeng relationship and that began the whole lot of “sweetness-overload” in the show! *”Stand By Your Man” replays a lot in the drama, yes I like the Jazz song but it’s a bit too much. I liked that the OST has many of Rachel Yamagata’s songs though.* There were sparks flying all around and honey oozing like nobody’s business when the couples appear together, but audience could tell the two lacked proper communication, though part of it was because of the fact that Korean society and the family in general weren’t accepting towards姐弟恋. *I enjoyed the director’s slow-mo cuts in their lovey-dovey scenes, like how they shared an umbrella in the rain, played in the snow, walked on the streets and drank beer at home etc. Totally captures the romantic mood and make you go “awww”~*

The show did touched on sexual harassment in workplaces, but the main storyline was revolving around their relationship. However, the romantic comedy does get a little boring sometimes due to the thin plot.

정해인’s got such a bright smile~ He first caught my eye as a supporting role in “Blood”. He’s definitely not outstanding in terms of looks, and the role in the drama did not showcase much of his acting abilities, but his boyish look (who would think he is 31 this year!?) and smiley eyes and smile is what make fangirls swoon over him la~ *I’m going to catch more of his shows!* Though the two are in actual fact six years apart, they still looked very compatible.

Rating: 3.25/5 (0.25 for정해인keke~)
7/9/19 Sat: LL and Jess could not make it last minute, so PotaTOHs went for a walk at Bukit Batok Nature Reserve in the morning. It was a pretty easy walk for about an hour or so. 
Saw the Bukit Batok Memorial on top of the Bukit Batok Hill upon which once stood two war memorials built by Australian POWs to commemorate the war dead of the Japanese and the Allies who fought during the decisive Battle of Bukit Timah in Singapore during the Second World War.
Best thing was hearing an old uncle playing flute near the quarry area! *很有武侠片的味道咯!* Both of us tried the按摩步道too lol~ Potato needs to buck up neh haha! 
Had lunch at a random coffee shop, and I saw the “Belanja-a-meal” initiative, so I donated $3 for a plate of chicken rice to whichever elderly that needs it!

9/9/19 Mon: Had lunch with potato at Malaysia Boleh, but I found the Dry Mee Hoon Kuey only so-so. Met up with Amelia at Tann grill at Bugis for dinner. I rarely have grills for dinner, as they are very salty imo. So yes it was at Tann, but what I enjoyed was the Kirin Yuzu beer! It’s like my favourite thus far already lol.
Shared with Amelia my recent trip to Kyrgyzstan and she talked about her work at MBS. We had a strawberry cake and a light cheesecake from Paris Baguette, which was surprisingly to my liking.

10/9/19 Tues: Horror at night in bed after the oily meal at Tann and desserts as my stomach “went through turmoils”~ the gastritis was so bad I could not even stand lying on my sides for a short while. No choice but to visit the doctor I rather not go to near home. *He’s full of nonsense. It’s obvious I’m not there for small talks. Can’t you just focus on listening to the patient’s medical problems and replying to that instead of blabbering about non-medical related stuff? Being a reporter doesn’t mean I love to talk all that much. And from the way he talks, I can’t help but think he despises on people not anywhere at “his level”. 那个仁心仁术的牌匾,你当真配吗?* 

Took Dhalumag suspension and another medicine for gastritis for a few days before my condition improved. *Didn’t even dared to eat much, because one random day I ate an orange and the sourness came up.* I should really avoid eating buffets or extremely-oily stuff for dinner in future.

11/9/19 Weds: Had dinner with MIL and dear at Pho Street as she wanted to pass me the mooncake she bought from同乐before Mid-Autumn festival on Friday itself. In return, I gave them the D24 durian mooncakes from Goodwood Park Hotel. *Durian flesh in mooncakes~ even my family liked it.*
14/9/19 Sat: PY, Galvin, Joan, Potato and I had煮炒for late dinner at his place while waiting for SD, Mervyn, Joshua and Tiffany to arrive. We played “The Valley of Alchemists”, a game Mervyn and Potato shared and backed on Kickstarter. Funny how the guys are not exactly big on the ultimate goal of earning exps, but instead focused on gaining the gold coins~ yes Potato earned the highest at 60 exps! 
16/9/19 Mon: Finally a gathering with September Love at台风café after a long time. JS is married now after knowing her engineer husband on SDN, and LX is about 3-months into a relationship with her PE teacher-boyfriend… happy for them. *Also understood from XN and JS that teachers teaching music in their primary schools only focus on that one subject, so hopefully Potato can be so in future too!* LX’s job at Mediacorp sounds tough too… 这样做下去那对媒体业的热忱真的会被磨掉neh.

17/9/19 Tues: We did “happy baby flips” in class tonight which was something new for me~
21/9/19 Sat: Very happy that SS, XY and MT helped organise a belated “Hens party” for me at The Potters’ Guilt. We attended the Pottery Do-It-All 3 hour-session at 9am… but we were 20 minutes late while waiting for SS lol. There were about 10 other students in class already, including two couples. 
One of the teachers first demonstrated how to use the wheel to us. It sure did not look easy! The class was divided into two groups, and half of us started with hand-make clay works first. Honestly, if I was younger, I would not even have suggested trying pottery class, as I have always thought that I have no talent in arts, be it creativity or literally drawing, colouring, shaping, cutting etc. But, creating an art piece that is unique and can be used appeals to me, plus as I grow older, the more I feel “no harm to try” in some aspects in life. I made a cup using clay, and the teacher was patient and helpful when teaching us. He helped a lot with sticking the “handle” to my cup. *I didn’t know SS is a左撇子 before this, and though it doesn’t look like it, but XY somehow seemed to be the one amongst us that was the “most helpless” in the pottery class haha. Even MT and I came up with “pass-able” pieces lol~*

We got to do wheeling after 1+ hours. There’s this “push-and-pull” force one has to exert on the clay while it spins, and that does take some time to get used to. I enjoyed wheeling much more than making clay products with hands though. *XY had too much fun mixing water with her clay that it flooded lol, and one of her pieces was “damaged” haha.* Each of us managed to do two, and tried as I to make two identical bowls, I kind of failed so they look different haha. 
Had to pay an extra $20 for the cost only included firing and colouring of one of our works, and I have two more to fire and colour. *We will get them in a few weeks’ time!* 
The ladies went to have lunch at Bijin Nabe at Chinatown Point~ about $35+ per person but it was just average for me after a while.
MT recommended Mellower Coffee at Bugis + for our afternoon tea session. I had their matcha latte and we tried their earl grey lavender cake. Our chat topics, as usual revolves around our life, schools and children. 

SS and I paid a visit to the National Gallery in the late afternoon, just wandering around as there wouldn’t really anywhere else we wanted to go to. Visited the newly renovated Funan Mall afterwards, and we had half-barachirashi and half-unagi don for dinner at The Oyster Bar… $22+ per person is expensive for the small portion though.
23/9/19 Mon: WH sort of insisted on dinner at Jcub’e hotpot食立方, and hence we queued and only got to eat at 8+pm. It wasn’t all that cheap considering the bill came up to $35 a person, and though we had three soup base (collagen chicken, pork and tomato in which I only liked the first) and free flow drink, nothing impressed me much. *Two big kids YB and WH each took a soft toy home~* We were on topics of house renovation and investments, as well as YB’s e-commerce idea.
WL, WS, YB, WH and I walked over to the Pasar Malam opposite and they tried to catch some toys from the claw machine. *WS caught one!* WH, WL and I sat at Starbucks Coffee for a little while more as WH shared more about investment with WL and I. *I do agree it’s good to know one or two about investment, but the “laziness” in me kicks in when it comes to such areas haha.*

24/9/19 Tues: Tried flipping forward in mid-air again, and the challenge is always fun when you have many trying out with you!
25/9/19 Weds: Potato and I signed up for a free session of ActiveGroove Piloxing at Jurong East dance studio. It was his first try at Piloxing, and I thought some of his postures still need further corrections, but he said he tried his best already~ okie la keke. *Cheers to more activities together in future, PotaTOHs!*

*“用人不疑,疑人不用。她或许并无恶意,但打击我的专业我绝对不能接受。我不是一个没有自知之明的人,绝对清楚自己的水平……就不知道她同事的能力如何了haiz*

Comments