그녀의 사생활 + Rocku Yakiniku with in-laws + 端午节吃粽子@in-laws’ + MacRitchie Nature Trail, Tamako Meal and X-Men: Dark Phoenix with Potato + 蝶の眠り + Gary’s wedding @ Keppel Bay’s Peony Jade

Finished catching “그녀의 사생활”!

Definitely different from the usual “romantic Korean drama” because Ryan Gold (김재욱) is too sweet and sexy haha! Yes the storyline of an older fangirl (박민영) going ga-ga over her idol might not be that attractive, but the insight into a museum curator and her double life as a fanpage manager did gave audience a peek into the fangirling culture in Korea. Ultimately, she fell in love with her Gallery director whom is supportive of her fangirl identity, which I reckon will be a dream come true for all fangirls out there. *Still, it reminds younger fangirls to not have much wishful thinking or fantasies abour their idols… 还是老老实实地找个另一半吧哈哈!* 

On a side note, the clothes김재욱wore in the drama just oozed that artistic and manly charm unique to him. His expressions were priceless too! Of course, these two were so sweet that viewers think they will make an awesome pair in real life! *Glad I already found my own “Ryan Gold” in life too~ :p*

Rating: 4/5 ( 1 for김재욱’s presence in the show lol~) 

2/6/19 Sun: Potato had credit vouchers from NS, and he reserved dinner for 6 of us at Rocku Yakiniku. It’s their first visit to Rocku Yakiniku, except for Potato and I. Free flow of meat and seafood, as well as beer and soft drinks woots. No live band on a Sunday, but we still had music playing from Youtube~ Nice gathering for the family! Stayed over at Potato’s and we had chicken rice for brunch the next day~

4/6/19 Tues: Did crunches and I was glad that I managed to keep both my legs straight (feet pointing towards the mirror) pretty easily this time.
5/6/19 Weds: FIL made 120 dumplings by himself as the usual yearly tradition, and we gathered and ate, together with小叔、小叔母、FIL’s friend and her son. After which, MM, Andre, Potato and I played carrom in his room… nostalgic neh~ both the brother and sister were pretty competitive haha. *I still miss the traditional bigger-sized board and that sprinkle of powder on the board before the start of the game.* Potato, MIL and I had dinner together eating dumplings too, while dad was “a bit too drunk” and sleeping in the room haha.



10/6/19 Mon: Met Potato at 9am at the starting point of MacRitchie Nature Trail. He came in slippers sia~ and told me he’s had quite some experience running cross country there back in secondary school. I wore my new North-Face boots as I wanted to season it before the trip to Kyrgyzstan in August. 
We walked for 3+hours, and halfway through did we realise Tree Top Walk was not opened on Mondays! I didn’t felt like going on from there, but Potato urged me on, and suggested that we visit Jelutong Tower instead. It’s a 7-storey high tower, but climbing it was not tiring, it was more of the spiral staircase that made me slightly giddy, and so I had to stop on and off while going up.
After that, we walked another 1.5km to Tamako Meal, somewhere I’d always wanted to bring him to for a meal. We both had Salmon dons, and I got Chuka Wakame too! *about 15km of treks for the day… the boots were good, but I think my calves got a bit tired from the tightening of the laces.* 

Took bus 167 to Plaza Singapura and I bought the disposable undies from Watsons and withdrew S$2500 for exchange to KRW at Raffles The Arcade. Potato changed S$2000, and the rate was at 1SGD to 867 KRW, which was steadily increasing over the last months. We caught “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” at JEM for free thanks to Potato’s free vouchers from his friend’s wedding.

A deeper insight into Jean Grey and the "Dark Phoenix". She killed Raven, but still, it was the energy that took over her. 
I have always enjoyed X-Men movies more than Avengers, and also the different movies that are focused on each character in the series as it tells me more about them individually.

Rating: 3.5/5

11/6/19 Tues: Did a variety of poses tonight, and there was one new pose to me, in which we had to kneel down on one leg and stretch out the other to the side. I think I improved in my "bat" pose too, as I could balance myself with the two legs in the middle quicker than last time.

Love김재욱’s acting, so I looked for蝶の眠り(Butterfly Sleep), a Japanese movie where he starred opposite中山 美穂.
Ryoko (中山 美穂), a 54-year-old popular novelist, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. She decides to write her last book while she is still conscious. She met young Korean Chan-he (김재욱). She had trouble hand-writing, so she asked Chan-he to help her write the manuscript, and they fell in love despite their age difference. As her condition deteriorates, she decides to let Chan-he be free.
I'm not very good at appreciating "artistic movies", but though I can't get why they fell in love that fast (maybe as artists have richer and more complex emotions that's why), I felt sad for Chan-he in the end. The ending looked like Ryoko couldn't really recognise Chan-he (except for her recording which she kept with her and might have somewhat reminded her that a guy named "Chan-he" is someone special to her), but Chan-he, the one who has all the memories of them is now left heart-broken.
Should they even have fallen in love? Was Ryoko "using him" to satisfy her emotional needs and to console her broken soul? Then again, Chan-he is old enough to think too. He shouldn't have any regrets, nor blame her entirely.
Rating: 3.25/5
13/6/19 Thurs: Pretty good buffet before STC townhall meeting at The Gallop. The different EMs shared prospects and plans of their own divisions in the near future, namely Racing and Marketing and Guest Experience, and it does sound like something to look forward to, especially on the marketing side. *Yes IR is the way to go imo, but racing must be the core of it.* HR announced the VBs for 2019 and on average, it’s slightly more than last year’s. *Still felt like I’m being “taken for granted” here. That’s bad.*
14/6/19 Fri: Potato surprised me randomly with sashimi and yuzu drink at Kranji! *He did that to “console” me haha~ thanks~ it sure did made me feel better!*

16/6/19 Sun: Woke up early to attend cousin Gary and Michelle’s wedding at Keppel Bay’s Peony Jade. *KNS JustGrab drivers nowadays can cancel rides as and when they like!?* Luckily, we managed to get a Grab taxi there and it was only $17, as compared to JustGrab that surged till $26 sia.
Happy for Gary and Michelle, who’s also an English and Mathematics teacher in a primary school. Had a few uncles and aunts asking about my wedding banquet, but nope I won’t be having any. *Most probably just a simple tea ceremony when my new house is ready next year.*

Comments