CNY reunion dinners and visits + Buddy Hoagies & Revelry cafe + CNY-cum-LSA @ STC

3/2/19 Sun: I have already choped for brunch at Cheval café, but by 11am when PY, Ning, Potato and I reached the place, it was not yet opened, and we were told the chef will only reach at 12pm. Had Ian picked us up at Kranji MRT and we met James and Francine for lunch at Xin Wang Café at Yew Tee instead.

Went for race day duty there after, and then my in-laws' place for early reunion steamboat dinner, and with Ian too! *好多好料,包括家翁做的虾枣!*
4/2/19 Mon: Potato came over to my place for reunion dinner on除夕夜. We have steamboat as per past years' traditions. *The abalone she bought were so small that she called them鲍鱼的“孙子”lol~*
5/2/19 Tues: Visited my in-laws on初一to visit Potato and his relatives. Ian came over in the afternoon too, and we played mahjong with MM, Andre, Potato's cousin and her hubby. *我的“手气”不错,thanks to beginner Ian as one of the players haha~* The relatives left the place by evening, and we had dinner with dad and mum, before Andre and MM drove us back home.
6/2/19 Took a photo with cousins XY, SF and BL before heading out for race day on初二as usual. Had my first “Lo-Hei” at work, and an angpow from Master Mike!
Mum whipped up many dishes for day 2 of CNY as my uncles and aunties came over for Mahjong~ shiok!
9/2/19 Sat: Visited Potato’s小叔家at Luxus Hill for CNY. It was then that I know that all the uncles who visited were dad’s “brothers”… and that they have known each other for 51 years already wow! 
Dishes were prepared by小婶’s best friend as well. They were yummy, especially the盆菜! Potato played Poker with his friends, and we all also tried the Escape Room card game he lent from Galvin… nice, though I cannot really make logical sense out of some of the clues in “Noside’s story”.
The family arrived outside uncle’s place just when we ended one round of mahjong. Took Ian and James’ car to Bishan for the famous kway chup… not bad! *Ning and her favourite咸菜haha!* It was sort of a “last reunion dinner’ with Ian as he was heading back to Japan the next day. 
10/2/19 Sun: Finally met Alex after more than a year since SS and John’s wedding dinner. We had steamboat at SS and John’s for lunch, and great for Alex as he’d found “her” since 2017 haha! 
The busy man left after our group photo, while YJ, Potato, John, SS and I played the Escape Card games. We tried the “robbery on a train” game and I thought it was more fun, though we did not manage to guess the correct robber in the given time span. SS and John’s Poly friends came over in the evening, and we let them play one round with “Noside’s Story” too hehe. Then, YJ gave us a lift to Marsiling at night on her Grab.
12/9/19 Tues: Back to my weekly aerial yoga exercise after a week of break during CNY! *Happy Valentine's from Diana too!*
16/2/19 Sat: After tuition with Jayden, Potato and I took a bus down from Bukit Batok to Bukit Timah, to meet YB, Jess, WH, WL and WS for dinner. We decided on Buddy Hoagies inside Bukit Timah Shopping Centre. Price was reasonable for the portion of grilled fish (<$10) that I had. *Thanks to WL and WS for the bag of treats from Japan!* It was supposedly a treat for WH’s belated birthday too but we still forgot in the end lol.
Walked to Revelry café for a place to play the Escape Room card game after that. I thought they looked more clueless than other groups that played before though lol. I tried the lemon ginger tea there but it was only average.
*rRandom tThought: 我想,在我内心深处,“守时”还是个很重要的原则吧。我不想把这个原则强加在他人身上,因为不见得我有资格去“说教”。但懂我的人,我们会一起进步的。*
19/2/19 Tues: Met the HR staffs at STC’s reception area and I watched “round 1” of lion dance there. Headed to Marquee for my 5-years Long Service Award, buffet and CNY Lucky Draw. *工作上该学习的、努力的,我都认真做了。致我过去五年的青春岁月。*
It’s the first time I saw STC having such a big table of lo hei for staffs! Kind of cool, and I still managed to have some sashimi after all the messy tossings and being second-in-line to queue to get the food. I only hoped for a small prize in the CNY lucky draw and yay~ I got prize no. 153 out of 200 of them… $20 NTUC vouchers haha. *Combined with STC’s $80 NTUC voucher for us each, it’s $100 woots!*

Attended aerial yoga class at night. Besides the usual stretches and abs training, I tried a new handstand pose where you try to keep both feet tight and close to your body. I'm always trying to get a hold on my balance once I'm upside down as it's not easy trying to "tell directions" then haha.







Oh and I finally managed to “brave myself through” all 16 episodes of “: The Guest”! 
I caught the drama since I knew김재욱was casted as the priest in the show (He was so good in “Voice”). Interesting to see exorcist priest at work. The other male lead김동욱 (Along With The Gods) was portraying a Sharman, who’d been possessed by Park II Do, a superior ghost who goes around killing people, when he was young. *He’s quite cute haha!* No love line in this drama, but just the mention of “Park Il Do” gives me the chills now... 
I don’t take horror show all that well, so I only dared watch this drama in the day, and sometimes using my hands or fingers to block off like ¾ of the laptop screen too lol. 
Nonetheless, it got more exciting towards the end when finally after all that guessing whose body was Park Il Do in exactly… it turned out to be the male lead’s grandfather omg!


Rating: 3.5/5

20/2/19 Weds: Tried Gideon mum's recipe of淮山干杯枸杞粥... nice.

Comments