Khao Kho trip discussion & dinner @ Kogane Yama + Thai dinner with ZZ + Teeline shorthand lesson + KW & Clement's wedding @ CHIJMES & Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom + 《小小新游记》filming + Potato's place + Dental & WL's bday dessert treat + World Cup 2018 Finals & YB's bday hi-tea @ Ritz Carlton, Colony

23/6/18 Sat: Jess and I discussed about our Khao Kho trip, and phew I guess most of the itinerary is set now! We met Potato, WH and WL for dinner at Kogane Yama cos they were having a promo for their barachirashi don... but it's not worthy cos the sashimi weren't fresh. Headed over to KFC cos that's WH's dinner, and chilled at Mac for a while. We shared the McFlurry tub... shiok. 
25/6/18 Mon: ZZ and I had Thai food for dinner near market. 
The food was so-so imo, but we haven't met in a while, and I was busy catching up on his life after he started to pa-tor lol. Met his gf for a brief while aft dinner cos she stays juz opp my place, and then the小两口went late night dating again I suppose... "honeymoon" period la haha~
26/6/18 Tues: Went to Toa Payoh to meet SJ for Teeline shorthand class starting today. 3 hrs of class for six lessons~ it's pretty interesting but I guess I haven't studied in a long time... so needed some time to digest the theories! They get heavy at times. SJ's patient and I tot I took it in my stride pretty well, so hopefully I can pass my test on the 5th lesson with flying colours!
30/6/18 Sat: LL, Jess, KU and I attended KW and Clements's wedding at CHIJMES in the morning. It's my first time gg for a church wedding, and so I listened to their prayers and songs, and the couple looked great!
Buffet lunch by TungLok was nt bad. 4 of us wandered ard nearby aft tat and decided to take some photos haha~
While the 3 sat at Starbucks for a talk, I left first for tuition with Jayden, before meeting Jess and KU in the evening for "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" movie.
"T-rex" is the iconic in the Jurassic movie series, but I reckon he's more the "calefare" in this one lol. It's a showdown between Blue and the newly-created weapon Indoraptor. Awesome graphics and effects here! But as usual, some scenes got my heart literally jumping out.

Rating: 4.25/5


3/7/18 Tues: Usual dope of aerial moves~ check the photos out!

5/7/18 Thurs: Helped ZX out for 《小小新游记》's filming at the Club. The two child hosts, 邵恩and佳忆were only 13 and 10yrs old respectively, but they are pretty bilingual and hyper. I thought JY was quiet leh, but aft working for a while, she竟然对我抛媚眼lol!
They were very excited at the sight of horses, and seeing them swim or walk past haha. We took the buggy to nearby the riding ctr and filmed for 2+hrs under the basking sun la! *I forgot my sunblk and got burnt!* Kept forgetting my lines in the interview, and it doesn't help that I have to repeat my lines for them to take a few angles. 
8/7/18 Sun: Went over to Potato's and we had chicken rice for lunch at Khatib with his parents. His dad's gout problem flared a bit recently, so by right he shld avoid beer and nuts, but somehw we had Thai tofu (with nuts on it) and he bought豆花水to drink lol.
2 of us caught "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" and I'm glad Potato likes it as much as I do! Such a meaningful and romantic movie~ can't wait to watch the third installment with him! 
Dinner was whipped up by his dad, and he cooked the ginseng herbal ingredients with chicken yums! We've got steamed egg, watercress soup, broccoli, shrooms plus fish too!
9/7/18 Mon: Glad to hear that my teeth were clean during the bi-annual dental cleansing appt. Met WL for lunch at market, and I treated the bday boy to some cakes at Timetable cafe. Updated each other a bit on our life, and it's gd to hear that he and WS are making progress into their future!

10/7/18 Tues: Aerial yoga! Tried the "back massage" with a partner for the first time... whoa too shiok liao~


15/7/18 Sun: *Maybe Frenchmen Olivier Placais (won the biggest race Emirates SG Derby) and Ryan Curatolo taking turns to win 5 and 3 races respectively on Sun and Fri were the signs... lol.* My fav team Croatia in this yr's World Cup was beaten into second by France. Their teamwork, skills and abilities were plain for all to see... they deserve to win it, though it's alrdy a feat that they made it to the finals. I first took notice of them in the match against Argentina. Well, I wanted Messi and Argentina to win back then, but I realised Croatia was a gd team. They beat Arg 3-0 and I tot Arg deserved to go hm if all they relied on was Messi, and yet Messi had little chance to bring the ball to the post.
Croatia had a hard time in the battle with host Russia, whr they finally won 4-3 on penalty. Kudos to them at that. Then, I didn't think they could win fav England, but they came back in the second half, thought England had one really gd chance that Kane missed. Luka Modric and Domagoj Vida (no 10 and 21, coincidentally my two fav numbers lol) were great, though one did worry halfway thru with the keeper Danijel Subasic injuring his hamstring, and then their striker Mario Mandzukic (I don't really like this guy somehow... mayb it's his face lol) too, but they too fought till the end. Close shave.
Oh and the finals. Yes the finals. It was a pity cos both teams were on 1-1 when the referee gave a penalty kick to France for an alleged handball incident after reviewing VAR for one corner kick. That shldn't hav been given, cos everything in slow-mo would make ALL hand-balls look like they were deliberate! Then, again due to a wrong angle judgement error by the ref, he gave a free kick to France's Antoine Griezmann who dived~ alamak.
Much was taken away from the Croatians but they did not give up it seemed. Me neither lol. Though they did better in the 1st half, I muz say France turned the table in the second half. Mbappe's shot were pretty. Croatia missed the goal by that bit one time though! The "comedy goal" left a deep impression on me. That was when Mandzukic ran to the France keeper and kicked the ball into his post easily... LOL! I nv tot that could happen cos goalkeepers would usually kick the ball away~ and aft tat there was once he hugged the ball tight instead of kicking aft he saw Mandzukic coming at him again haha.
In the end, 4-2. Croatia did their best. I like to see teams who put up a gd fight till the end, even if it meant gg down. Both teams are worthy of being in the finals. Glad Luka Modric won the Golden Ball award! However, the down side of the end of 2018's World Cup is that we may not see some of these great players like Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luka Modric etc in the next World Cup again. And who knows who reigns in 2022 then? Nv underestimate "dark horses" like Croatia, who defied all odds to stand up tall.
16/7/18 Mon: Treated YB to hi-tea at Colony at Ritz-Carlton in the afternoon for her belated 30th bday. The Journey 5-course meal, together with the desserts were alrdy filling enough for us.
Had a gd chat with the bday gal, and her upcoming Europe trip, family matters and plans for kids etc. *On a side note, Potato went to collect our wedding bands~ looked pretty in photo!* 

17/7/18 Tues: Some new friends in class today, and it was a gd stretch imo, nth too strenuous.

Comments