PH's housewarming + Mum's bday dinner + Zi Char with colleagues + Black Panther & Viet pho with potato + The Theory of Everything + IT Fair

24/2/18 Sat: Visited PH's new 4-rm place at Caldecott, near Toa Payoh. Very breezy unit high up on 17th flr. She recommended Jap food at a coffee shop nearby, and I had the unagi don~ nt bad!
Went back to her place and we played Saboteur. It's the first time I saw Saboteur 2~ and it's funny how Jess, PH and I discussed openly how we wanna对付Ben and YL LOL! 
25/2/18 Sun: Had assam curry fish head for mum's bday dinner at the same old place, and it's so gd! $60. Their客家豆腐was yummy too! *The fortune-teller auntie说好像没说一样~*
27/2/18 Tues: Usual aerial yoga routine. Diana said she saw improvement in me in one of the poses (last one)~ gd to hear!
1/3/18 Thurs: Met Bryan, Chris and Jessie for dinner at Taman Jurong food centre. Their curry fish head, coffee pork rib and奶白were very delicious! "Hei Zou" was so-so imo though. Best of all? It's only about $50 plus 4 white rice. *人言可畏。Much as I want to, I can't be naive anymore. 防人之心不可无。*
5/3/18 Mon: Potato surprised me with a stalk of yellow Daisy haha! *Thanks dear! Yes, I don't expect lavish gifts on special occasions, juz a meal could do, but of cos I don't mind surprised out of the blue too hehe!* We planned on catching "Black Panther" cos YJ said it reminded her of the days we were in Tanzania! 
Wakanda is fictional. Tanzania is real though haha. T'Challa assumes the position of King, but his cousin Killmonger seeks revenge and overthrew him. T'Challa came back alive and killed Killmonger in the end.
The lady general Okoye and her lady troops were super cool imo! I pretty much enjoyed the CGI and the sound of drums in the show! Have always loved鼓声cos it sounds so振奋人心! *Wanna re-visit Africa again!* 

Rating: 3.5/5


Potato missed Viet pho, so we went back to the basement of Westgate to have it~ I love their newly-created spicy pork shabu shabu with vermicelli ($7.90)! 


*rRandom tThought: Much as I hate bias-ness at work, I can't prevent it, so I shall do my best for my own tasks, and hopefully, the Club shows their appreciation. If not, I gotta think of a way out.*

10/3/18 Sat: Went Batok for recee of the SBF flats with Potato aft lunch. A pity some of them were not yet ready for viewing though. We do have a few units in mind, but let's hope we can get an ideal unit though our queue number is that far behind lol. *Some chemistry there cos we both wanted to wear the couple tee keke!*
Felt like having Lady M for tea-time and so I ordered the original Mille crepe and sakura flavoured one. The sakura flavoured one tastes a bit of almond though... nt to my liking. 
Headed down to District Sushi for barachirashi~ glad Potato liked it. He had the $18 bowl while I had the normal $13 one... 料的分量真有差!Aft tat, we went to take a look at Yamaha sale at PS, and he took the chance to tell me about the diff grades of piano.

12/3/18 Mon: Met Jess for dinner at JP's Japanese Food Alley aft tuition with Gideon. Had their pork udon this time cos there's no more kimchi udon sadly~ We had strawberry and mango shaved ice at记得吃aft tat, and it's the usual updates on our lives, and not forgetting our upcoming trip to Yogyakarta!


15/3/18 Thurs: Potato and I met for lunch at Marsiling hawker. He tried the stall that sells BBQ seafood rice set, but they were not fresh. My咸鱼炒饭was meh meh too. *six articles on a non-race day today~ omg my eyes see stars liao~*
The great physicist Stephen Hawking juz passed away, and though I have heard of "The Theory of Everything", I haven't seen the movie about him prior to his passing. The male lead is one of my fav actor Eddie Redmayne~ so I honestly wondered why I haven't gone to see it!
I knew nuts about Stephen Hawking, except that he had motor neurone disease, and relied on a voice-synthesiser to communicate and give lectures. I didn't know about his theory of black hole and cosmology, much less his love life, and whr the focus of the movie was on: his first love Jane Wilde.
I give it up to this woman. She knew Hawking's condition would deteriorate as days passed, and he was only expected to live for "two years", but she stood by him. Down the road, she bore him three children, but life still bore her down aft all. It was juz too much for a woman. 但她真的很伟大,为爱牺牲了。
They divorced in the end, and I read that Hawking married his live-in nurse in which they divorced another 11 years ltr. This extraordinary man lived on for half a century more with his "never give up" spirit. Kudos. 地球又见一颗巨星陨落。
Redmayne does resemble Hawking a bit. And his acting was tops.

Rating: 4/5
16/3/18 Fri: Met XY and SS for lunch at Westgate's Pho St. Had the spicy pork shabu shabu vermicelli today, but it got a lil' bit more spicy... like not as nice leh~ haha. Discussed "hens' party" for WT and YY in Apr, and I guess we are more or less settled on the activity! *LOL~ I'm so nt for "cutie pie" shots~*
17/3/18 Sat: Potato and I went to IT Fair in the afternoon... omg lots of ppl as expected. We were thr to look for a new desktop for me, and aft walking the 4th and 6th flr, and with Potato's advice, I decided on ASUS's all-in-one desktop for $899. It comes with a 1-yr Microsoft office 365, antivirus and Best Denki warranty, and a wireless keyboard and mouse. Had Gyoza and jap for dinner at Raffles City and my handyman helped me brought the desktop home, then set it up for me! *My old Acer laptop has been in use for 7yrs already sia!* 

Comments