STC Manpower Optimisation & dinner with YQ, Ning, Francine and Potato + YB's wedding + Playground Coffee with XY + Fish Mart Sakuraya with Potato + Bangkok Jam with WZ & Pat + Griddy with sec friends + dinner at WX & Jere's place + Potato's recital @ The Substation + Sauna detox & Reiden's 2nd bday party

1/6/17 Thurs: Attended STC's Manpower Optimisation talk at marquee. I agree with what BC said most of the time... well taking up more skills don't mean harm, but let's see how our workload will be affected. *May things be for the better.* Headed over to Subarashii grill & bar for dinner with Potato, Ning, Francine and YQ. I tried their udon nabe pot this time, and though overall it's not as gd as compared to their chirashi don set I had last time (the pork is still delicious la), I mus say their self-mixed chilli sauce tasted really gd!
Went over to a bar along Prinsep st, and aft the performers ended their performance, Ning and Potato (cajon) went up onstage to jam music~ Ning sang "Love You Like a Love Song" and "All Of Me" I think... her rendition of the first song was way better than Selena Gomez la! Pro!
3/6/17 Sat: Slpt for only 2+hrs and woke up at 4+am to get ready for YB's big day! WX, Jess, Brenda, CY, Iris and I were her sisters, and we helped to prep the games and food for gatecrash. *And of cos muz take photo with my pretty bestie! Love her make-up and gowns for the whole day!*
Stephen was the driver-cum-helper-cum-emcee for the day. He drove Brenda, CY and me to Japanese Garden for our photoshoot with the bride and groom. And as usual, the接手花portion gals were as passive as ever, I really din want the flowers to smash onto the flr so many times cos it will be damn cui, so yup I caught it the 2nd time! *表情丑到~lol*
I liked the grp shot a lot! Had time to go hm to rest for a bit and shower before Potato volunteered to come over and drive me and Jess to hotel. *辛苦你咯马铃薯!* Helped to do the set-up a lil, before Potato and I run through our scripts once. Took photos with lovely friends of mine too!
Good food, but more imptly, the company! It always feels gd when the sec sch friends come together to mingle. We don't catch-up as often, and not that we dun run out of topic, but there's always new ones coming up! *I'm grateful for such friendships.*
15/6/17 Thurs: Met up with XY aft I came back from Melbourne (shall post about the trip nex time!). We had dinner at Playground Coffee at Nanyang CC, and omg the salmon barley bowl (that reminds me of bibam bap) was nt very filling but definitely oh so yummy! Their truffle fries ($9) was ex but nt bad too. XY's duck pasta, however, was a bit dry imo.

16/6/17 Fri: Aft the last race, Potato texted me as usual "to be safe etc". I was rushing to finish an article, and about 10-15mins later, saw another text of his. Didn't think too much since my brain was pretty much "fried" everytime aft race day, and surprise~ he was thr by the gates! *It happened to be our 19th monthsary lol~ suddenly an orange rose for me aft some time.* Touched cos I didn't expect Potato to be here to send me hm aft a whole day of outing with his mum at Gardens by the Bay.

17/6/17 Sat: I decided to treat Potato to dinner at Fish Mart Sakuraya at West Coast Plaza, to celebrate the start of his contract teaching. He was the one who recommended the place to me though. He picked salmon, yellowtail and tuna sashimi and saba fish (with the oh-so-nice) radish for us, and we ordered my fav side chuka wakame~ $70+ but very worthy... and of cos cos Potato enjoyed it too! Tried their vanilla crepe cake too but not nice la.
19/6/17 Mon: Shopped for my cleanser and toner at FRESH, bought bday present for Reiden and then met Pat, WZ and Reiden for dinner at Bangkok Jam. The tom yam soup I had nt nice, but thks to gd company~ we had a gd chat thr over WZ's wedding photoshoot and our work stuff.
20/6/17 Tues: Met Ben, YL, James, PH and Jess for dinner at Griddy cafe at Westgate. Tried their spaghetti with battered chicken and laksa sauce~ nt bad though the sauce dries up a bit fast. Throughout that 2+hrs of gathering, I think we were on and on about travel plans sia~ besides me and YL's proposal events haha.
21/6/17 Weds: Tot Potato won't be coming over since his MOE orientation venue at Malan rd is quite far, but he popped by in the evening with two packets of Grain Waves he asked Amelia to help buy from Melbourne~ quite liked the sour cream flavour one. *Wear formal wor.... wheet wheet! Lol~* Somehw I can't open iTunes app using my laptop since some time ago, so he helped to resolve that prob~ turns out I haven't been updating my Windows software and that's affecting it.
22/6/17 Thurs: Visited WX and Jere's new place at AMK aft work. She cooked black pepper udon with carrot, pork and cabbage for us~ a bit too spicy for Potato haha! Liked their ceiling fan and huge tv screen haha. WX brought me to tour ard the neighbourhood, and we all watched "Saint Young Men" together... story of Buddha and Jesus in Japan~ very funny cartoon.
24/6/17 Sat: Headed down to Burlington Square to buy the Samsung Galaxy tab A 7.0 for mum. Met Ben on the train, and when I walked over to Raffles City and had take-away spicy pork Seoul Roll at the seats near the fountain, I saw Lance and Ben again! What a coincidence. Thereaft, went to meet Potato at The Subsation to watch VC's recital. It's like the graduation class of their students haha... many very young ones too. *One boy boy was so gd at the drums la~ he电到我了lol~* The teachers, including Potato playing the bass, performed two songs at the end too... nice. Aft tat, we headed to Timbre and had some food and drinks, while listening to Supersonic. *I've always enjoyed music, though I may not play any instruments nor be connected to the music industry in any way, I can't imagine life without it. Would definitely like my kids to pick up music in future~ well Potato can teach anyw keke!*

25/6/17 Sun: Attended the first session of sauna detox out of the 20-sessions package I bought at my marketplace. It was an one-hr session in the 45degrees celcius rm... did felt a bit too much towards the end, but maybe cos I was alone and thought too much.
Met LX and Joy at Buangkok MRT and we took bus 102 over to the condo whr Reiden's having his 2nd bday party. Had buffet for dinner and chatted with the poly gals and Joel.
The theme was Reiden's current fav Robocar Poli~ and Pat even bought back the character swim float from Korea. *做爸妈的不容易啊~* 
Gd that Reiden's nt a selfish boy, he seems willing to share his toy with the other two toddlers thr too. Happy Birthday Reiden! I got him a bunny soft toy la haha.

Comments