ABC Pho with Potato + Kumar stand-up comedy with Potato & YB's gatecrash discussion + African gang dinner meet-up + Korean detox sauna + own-made Viet rolls + Clay necklace-making with YB + 2D1N The Canopi @ Bintan + Nakhon & Sunday Folks farewell for Eugene + Parents' Day dinner + Children's Biennale exhibition &天公仔 + Fresh Generation seafood dinner with XY + 微能力者 + Dumplings' delivery and Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge

28/4/17 Fri: No race day duty today, so bought Potato to try the ABC Pho as it's their last day of operation. He loved it too!
29/4/17 Sat: Aft tuition, met Potato for Kumar's Stand-up Comedy at Esplanade... he bought the tickets months in advance to surprise me lol. 1hr of "shooting" by Kumar~ haha yes I laughed, but boy I found he looked kinda tired. *Oh well I wonder if comedians get sick of their work at times?* Then, we went over to listen to Potato's friend Zeeaura perform with her two other musician friends. She has a very soothing voice, and we enjoyed their performance! Headed over to YB's place to discuss about her gatecrash with WX, Jess, Brenda and Iris.
5/5/17 Fri: Couldn't resist the temptation and ordered delivery for 4 bottles of The Juicy Way~ The Big Bang is still my bias la!

6/5/17 Sat: Met up with the African gang at Long Ji Crab Beehoon for dinner. The signature wok fried crab bee hoon is a must try of cos~ and yep it smells greatly of "wok" which I don't take a liking to. The crab meat is soft though I mus say. *Arigatou Potato for de-shelling!*
However, I enjoyed their beancurd shrooms, 姜葱鹿肉、扬州炒饭、芥末虾球and咸蛋黄排骨! Came up to slightly over $30 per pax, which is reasonable for a restaurant setting.
John drove the rest over to Essen while Potato and I walked over. Sadly, most of the ciders are sold out, even my fav Alska lychee and pear-flavoured one! SS and John shared about their New Zealand trip and omg the Airbnb they stayed at looked awesome~ I wanna go thr someday too!
7/5/17 Sun: Jess and I went for the Korean Sauna Detox at my market place... $19.90 per pax for trial session. It's basically same as Ganbanyoku at Antioxidant Wellness ctr at Thomson: 45mins of sweat-out and inhaling of negative ions in a rm heated to 39degrees celcius. This is much smaller of cos, but it's so near my home and with the ongoing promotions, I'm so gonna sign the package, so I can bring my mum along every time, and hopefully, it improves our health over time.
8/5/17 Mon: Potato and I had chicken rice at Yishun, then cycled out to buy ingredients for dinner. *OMG I'm alrdy tired aft a round at Yishun Park~ up and down slopes keke~* Potato saw the poor and tired me, and so he told me to go hm first while he went to buy the rest of the ingredients at Khatib. 
*I do think I'm quite dumb at times oh no~ got to be more observant and use my brain ah!*
Potato cooked Jap curry with chicken for dinner, while I did the Viet spring rolls. I'm glad the sauce came out pretty good~ but I had a hard time rolling the prawns, apple cinnamon leaves, lettuce and beansprouts together! What's best was I only realised I forgot my bowl of vermicelli aft completing like the 6th roll, and till Potato spotted that bowl nearby the sink alamak~
So er ended up I eat the vermicelli with the curry sauce lor... bad combi btw LOL! Despite my messy and not-too-pleasing-to-the-eyes-looking rolls, Potato, his mum and sis still enjoyed them haha.
13/5/17 Sat: Went over to YB's place to make clay necklace in the evening! Didn't expect so much fun~ She's learnt it, so she taught me how to make those basic shapes, and we experimented with diff mixtures and blends. Aft tat, we hav to heat it about 110degrees celcius in an oven for 20mins for the clay to harden. We did enough clay parts for about 10 necklaces haha~ and the one below (bottom left hand corner) is mine! YB also made a stud for herself. *Yay can't wait to do more in future!*
15/5/17 Mon: MT, SS, YQ and I are off for a relaxing trip to Bintan The Canopi! Met them at 9.45am at Tanah Merah MRT taxi stand to take a cab into the ferry terminal area. Boarded our ferry at 11+am, and it took over an hr for us to reach Bintan. *Changed S$100 for expenditure thr... rate was about 1:9400.*
The bus ride to The Canopi was only about 3mins away. It was overcast by the time we reached the lobby. Check-in can only be done at 3pm, so we checked out the activities to do (not much since most were outdoor) and they decided on放天灯 (S$12) at night.
Hired a cab (S$16 two-way) to drive us to the nearby Pujasera town for lunch. I tried the Nasi Briyani~ spicy neh, and it's about S$4.5. To our surprise, the towkay and cabbage dish YQ and SS ordered was not bad wor.
I bought some prunes, and the gals bought tidbits at a Mama shop nearby. Then, the driver said he'd recommend us to a nice layer cake shop near us... and it turned out to be the same as the one The Canopi appointed LOL. Oh well, I bought the coffee and prune-flavoured ones (500g each, about S$16.5 each)... and I found I liked the coffee one much more when I had it for breakfast the nex few days at hm haha.
Began drizzling, so we spent only an hr in Pujasera. Back to the man-made lagoon feel... nt appealing for me la.
Let's explore the safari tent that me and MT stayed in! The rm was cosy, and I liked their outdoor shower!
The girls were exploring which massages to do at The Canopi's spa in the afternoon since it's raining. *Saved my money cos I was having menses lol.* Ended up waiting for them while SS did her face massage, and MT and YQ did the full body massages.
Aft which, we went back to rest for a while in our tents before meeting for dinner. The flush malfunctioned aft I went toilet, and I had to call their repairman here~ so paiseh cos yes he had no choice but to see the "red sea" sorta lol.
I ordered seafood marinara for dinner at their restaurant... kinda dry though. Seafood wasn't fresh either. Anyw, the hotel forgot our registration for the skylantern activity, and their guide was still out for Mangrove and fireflies tour at 8.30pm omg, so we cancelled it. 
 Headed back and had a gd chit-chat with the gals over "Woodbridge" Muscato (2013) keke.
16/5/17 Tues: Checked-out at 11am the nex day, and with some time left before the bus arrives for Bintan terminal, MT and I decided to try the double bike on water with our leftover Rupiahs. RP190,000 for 15mins~ very expensive, and we were juz paddling ard that small area... boring. 
All in all, I had a gd trip with the gals, but The Canopi isn't whr I would visit again. *I miss Fundu Lagoon on Pemba Island la~*
18/5/17 Thurs: Had yummy Thai food at Nakhon for Eugene's farewell. I still prefer their clear tom yum soup over the coconut one, and their Thai iced green tea is good! Hopped over to Sunday Folks' cafe for more chit-chats. The cashier misplaced our orders, and even over-charged HP the bill lor... hmm bad impression the blogger muz now hav of the place lol. I had the single scoop earl grey ice-cream waffles... gd waffles but earl grey smell was a bit too much. *The famous HK egg tarts were gd!*
20/5/17 Sat: Bro and I treated dad and mum to the annual Parents' Day dinner~ Mum chose Blk 496's zi char as usual. The assam fish head was not bad, but the kang kong, minced meat toufu and lemonade chicken were nth to boast about.
22/5/17 Mon: He had STOMP lessons at Yuan Ching sec, and he came over at 2+pm. We went to Westgate to hav So Pho (hehe he ordered the Viet rolls cos he knows I like them~) for lunch. He wanted to look at the winter wear sales at the atrium actually, but apparently it's over. Aft a brief stop at Tokyu Hands, we took the train down to National Gallery for the Children's Biennale exhibition. Chanced upon one of the stops and we did frottage together... so long since I did this. But our成品还似模似样喔~
Went to get the free admission tickets, and off we went to have fun! The rm of big balls and sounds and colours was pretty stunning.
Then, it was a illusion bridge of heights by a Philippines artist. It makes use of one-way mirrors to reflect short distances, and layer by layer with the help of lights, it forms an illusion of a really tall platform. *gasps*
Saw the "trick" from the last pic? Anyway, we went to the Obliteration room next... whr one could paste colourful stickers anywhr in the plain white rm.
Life-sized fairytale world up nex... 
...and a few other stops thereaft. One of it was writing our wishes on the ribbons and tying them together with other ribbons thr. I did not take a photo of what we wrote, but Potato I got your message LOL!
Not bad an exhibition! Left at about 6+pm for our“天公仔”movie at PS at 7.10pm.
Funny movie about the life of "an unlucky boy" whom fate kept pranking on. I tot it's not comparable to other Jack Neo movies (usually in series) but still worth a laugh.

Rating: 3.25/5

25/5/17 Thurs: Met XY at Bukit Timah market for seafood soup from Fresh Generation as her belated bday dinner! There were crayfishes, oysters, lots of fish meat, prawns, clams, sotong balls and白菜in that $28 pot, that's sufficient for 2-3pax. Fish meat was great but I tot the soup could be richer though.
Headed to Bukit Timah Plaza for red velvet bingsu juz for some sweetness aft the savoury. It's nice chatting with XY, and getting to hear about her friend's "hilarious proposal" lol.
27/5/17 Sat: Tot Potato won't be coming over when it was evening, and he suddenly popped by! It's Potato's delivery of 10 dumplings hand-made by his dad to us~ 好多馅料哦!*Yummy~ gotta learn from his dad together with Potato neh!* 
And I finished watching“微能力者”! Pretty intriguing show about a devil's website恶魔网站 that grants the wishes of the four leads, but the condition is no happiness for them. Aft gg thru it all, they worked together to find out the culprit behind the idea of the devil's website.
I grabbed the whole sypnosis from Baidu: 传说上帝七天造人,人类穷极整个历史唯一无法在造物的权柄上染指一丝一毫。撒旦是天使堕落而成,化生地狱,以引诱灵魂堕落与上帝抗衡。但有时候,上帝和恶魔就住在我们的心里。 一个学术界很有名望的人体器官移植研究的北奥大学教授,发现了复活一个人只需要重建五个要素,分别是“内脏,血液,大脑,内分泌和外分泌系统”,但需要大量的非法活体实验,实验可能会牺牲很多人,所以他在十五年前终止了这个实验,因为这个实验诞生了一个恶魔。被卷入事件的四个人决定用自己微小的能力,侦破这个恶魔的悬案,答案呼之欲出
Worth watching, though I do get clueless at times since I hav pretty poor "detective ability" in me haha.

Rating: 4/5
29/5/17 Mon: Aft changing some AUS currency, we walked over to The Poke Theory to hav lunch. *OMG I forgot it's Raffles place and ppl thr hav "tissue-chop-seat-culture".* Costed $14.50 for mine with honey yuzu drink... it's a lot of taste all mashed up together. Very flavourful with cherry tomatoes, avocado salmon, carrots, pineapples, cucumbers, wakame, seaweed etc... a bit messy on ur tongue in fact.
Potato and I went to Northpt to watch "Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge" in the afternoon. Jack Sparrow is still funny, and the movie is as dark and typical a pirate movie it is... no surprises.

Rating: 3.5/5
Potato and I went to buy ingredients at Cold Storage before heading hm and had dinner. He cooked it~ 上海青配胡萝卜、洋葱蘑菇片炒蛋、辣味五花肉配羊角豆... and that's to be wrapped with raw lettuce and whole shrooms. I appreciate every meal he cooks and we have together!
Watched a portion of "Kingsmen: The Secret Service" and I had to leave his place at 9.30pm. 
*rRandom tThought: Thanks for the concern, and for being understanding Potato! Your sweet potato maybe be too kind and nice at times keke, but I'll still be wary of circumstances and ppl.*

Comments