Meru + Kki, 中华拉面&黑丸 with Stephen + My belated 27th dinner with QW + belated 27th dinner with XY + Two Chefs with NCSS clique + Teo Heng & belated bday dinner with Poly gals + Leon's gig + BWB with sec clique + Manna Story & เมย์ไหน..ไฟแรงเฟร่อ with Stephen + STC InnoFest

*rRandom tThought: I am trying hard to strike the balance between working hard for and enjoying my life. It tires me out sometimes, but my hope is to pick up different skills along the way, in case they come in handy someday.*

Caught the documentary Meru.
I must say the cinematography is awesome. Breathtaking views. 
Failure to complete "the Shark's Fin" route on Meru Peak first time did not deter Conrad Anker, Jimmy Chin and Renan Ozturk forever. Each of the trio had their own problems to deal with along the way, but they went back as a team for the second attempt, and became the first in the world to achieve the feat in 2011. The friendship is sweet. The determination was so strong. The time taken to film, edit and piece everything together mustn't have been easy.

Better than the film Everest imo. 
"Inspiring", is the word.

Rating: 4.5/5
Met up with Stephen at Kki on 2nd Nov Mon in the afternoon. *It was then that he told me he did tot of getting me a bday cake from Kki when we met for my bday~ I'm glad he rmbs I mentioned Kki to him before.* I had their Amelie cake, which is champagne mousse with white peach and iced milk tea to go along~ oh it's so yummy! Then, he brought me to this Chinese ramen shop at Bugis area, saying their fried dumplings were good... indeed! I'm not a big fan of Chi ramen but I must say the shrooms ramen I had was pretty tasty too. After that, the hungry man suggested黑丸for dessert haha~ *It's funny how we never run out of topics to talk about haha!*
The next day after work, I met QW for dinner at Westgate Greendot cos I had craving for the tom yam shrooms soup set! It's been some time since we met up, and she passed me the Nine West bag as belated bday gift. We had a gd chat at Lady M cos I tot I shld recommend her the green tea millie crepe cos it's so nice!
4/11/15: I met Stephen for lunch at Yew Tee foodcourt since he was teaching nearby... well a short and quick one hehe~ *Oh pass me the nanoblocks! I'm sure I can do it!* Cousin XY and I had dinner at Star Vista's Itacho~ been long since I saw her, and thks for treating me to dinner and for the pair of lovely earrings! Was listening to her complain about her job... seriously不公平待遇sia! Continued chatting at Marble Slab creamery... hmm mixing and making your own ice-cream is fun but ex ($9.5) too~ erm the flavours and ingredients we chose... er tasted okay nia haha.
7/11/15: Jess, LL, Ahna and I had dinner at two Chefs zi char at Commonwealth, cos both KW and Jess highly recommended it. Yes the dishes din disappoint me... drunken cockles, fish, butter pork rib, herbal chicken soup 三色蛋and fried rice were all super delicious, only the salted yolk prawn was so-so imo. 7 dishes amted to $120... and 4 of us finished it all haha~ KU and KW couldn't make it last min.
Ahna drove us to a nearby 24hrs Mac and we had the Strawberry shortcake she bought from Four Leaves for my bday! I've had this before and I love it omg! Thkful for this grp of nice friends... listening to LL and Ahna share their experiences in life is so ever enriching too. Thks to LL for the utensils set and souvenirs from HK, as well as Jess's handmade bday card too! Oh yeah also, we talked till nearly 2am then leave haha~
*家家都有本难念的经。Ahna加油!LL加油!*
9/11/15: WZ and I went to sing KTV at Suntec's Teo Heng in the afternoon~ hmm yeah the sound system there really better! Pat, her hubby and Reiden came to meet us during dinner time... and yes while we ate dinner, Pat was busy looking aft Reiden all the time~ whoa being a mum definitely isn't easy. The gals got me a handcream and pouch, and treated me to dinner and dessert at Tuk Tuk Cha! Good recommendation from WZ cos their toast is way tastier and cheaper than Dazzling Cafe's! I tried the Jasmine thai iced tea, but tot the original one is more to my liking aft all. *Love their company as always!*
11/11/15: YJ and I had bah chor mee for dinner at Bugis before we headed up to The Ark to support Leon, Bertha and their friend's gig! It's near to one hr this time, and I liked some of their performances like小苹果and the mixed爱很简单/I Love You. There is definitely rm for improvement but whoa~ Bertha's musically talented! All of us had supper at Bugis mac, before Leon, YJ and I cabbed home together.
14/11/15: *Thks Ben for the Choco waffers from Royce choc! It tasted coffee-ish and is sweet but nevertheless~ I liked it!* The sec sch gang had dinner at BWB at Orchard Central, with Sophie joining us this time round. Hmm maybe cos I'm not a fan of burgers and fried food, thus I found it so-so only. Had lotsa laughter while chatting, and James and Sophie got us pens, badges and sweets from Australia too. We had second round at Oriole Coffee + Bar, but the Vanilla milkshake I had was way too sweet~ omg nt gg thr again. 
16/11/15: *Hahahaha~ a date for us to rmb eh Stephen?* We had early dinner at Manna Story, but I only ate the seafood jeon cos it was only 4+pm, and I wasn't too hungry. He had the bibimbap. Halfway thru, the shop experienced blackout somemore lol. 
We caught the thai romance comedy "เมย์ไหน..ไฟแรงเฟร่อ" (May Who?) at GV Plaza Sing... oh and for GV members, we enjoy 1-for-1 during bdays~ cool! The whole movie was hilarious, and adding in animations in between scenes was a very gd idea too. Both male leads are good-looking... but shugs they are so young~ what like 6yrs and 9 yrs younger than me!? Lol. 
Very different feel from "Our Times". A bit crazy over here, but it had us both laughing crazy times in the theatre.

Rating: 4/5
*Honestly, when Stephen showed me the trailer, the scene above left me with the deepest impression. LOL~ cos that's what he likes to do every time~ and I guess女生都喜欢被呵护的感觉吧?Hehe~*
18/11/15: Attended company's InnoFest. Lunch was nt bad and we kinda enjoyed the games too. The Kendama ball hit my thumb nail and it was painful, but I did manage to balance it twice aft some tries!

*rRandom tThought: I guess I'm not die-hard stubborn aft all. Things and ppl not meant to be, 我也不强求。学会看开的感觉太棒、太舒服了。I'm glad I still give chances to myself and to ppl who may be more worthy of the chance. Meeting the right ppl at the time when you seem to need them the most, hence I feel fortunate, cos I am that lucky sometimes. I will cherish my family, and friends worth my love.*

Comments