Chris treat @长江Ubi + LC & XY's bday dinner @ Supply & Demand + Spruce + Reiden's baby shower + meetup with YJ + Koh Grill with Amelia + dinner with WL @ Ramen Play and Ant-Man+ YB's bday dinner @ Tunglok Xihe + Darts + MBS exhibition + Zoompark & Mookata + Dazzling Cafe & Fantastic 4

*rRandom tThought: Sometimes, things don't always plan out the way we wished for it, but who can predict the upbeat surprise that comes along even if another scenario happened? I'm not the kind who likes things unplanned, but if I am possibly happier this way, I'd choose to go with the flow too.*

Chris got promoted to Lead Designer this year, so he treated Clarissa, Francis, Daryl, Edwin and I to a zichar dinner at Ubi. The 1st time I tried长江zichar, I reckon the charcoal-cooked fishhead steamboat was not bad, as well as the coffee ribs.



Then, I met up with the uni gals to celebrate LC and XY's belated bday. We had dinner at Supply and Demand at Esplanade, opting for Alfresco dining. *Poor SS bumped straight into the glass panel when she came~ "loud thud" ouch~ super painful for her.*


It was a Sat, so there was NDP rehearsal and fireworks. We stopped a few times to look at the fireworks, pretty much in awe. *Not that I am a fan of firework displays, but well I do think they are pretty.* Anyway, both times I tried S and D, none of the food is gd, so I will skip this place in future. All of us continued to update each other about life later at Starbucks, and I love talking to these gals always.

Took my Hep A and Typhoid vaccines at SGH on a Monday, plus bought the Mefloquine anti-malarial tablets... costed $150 in all.
Jessie suggested DM to go to SPRUCE for farewell lunch for Nick, Zach, QW and Amelia on a Weds. I pretty much liked the interior décor there, food was not bad esp the crème brulee.

Quoting MY, we were "sprucing" ard using the phone cams before lunch haha.

Mike brought the journalists' team over to Damien's simulator room and we had a feel of what it was like riding on the horse simulator. MY and BK took videos of us riding... I seriously looked damn tired in the 1min vid! And yes both my arms and legs turned jelly the moment I step down the simulator. *Kudos to jockeys man!* That very night, I realized I hav bruises on both my knees! It didn't felt painful on its own but yes when u press on it though. Took more than a week for it to heal, plus DOMS was horrible for a week, "took turns" for my arms and legs to ache haiyo. Nevertheless, it was a gd try-out for us all.

Headed to Pat's new home on Sat for Reiden's monthsary buffet. *I feel like a foreigner when taking the LRT omg~* Little boy can still slp very well with whole lot of noise in the living rm.
Suddenly felt母亲的伟大seeing Pat's boy~ like 9, 10mths of pregnancy and pop comes lil' bub! So happy for her now that Reiden is growing up healthily.
Went to PS to meet YJ and we had dinner at Hoshino Coffee. Again a place with ambience but food standard flops.
Decided to treat Amelia the annoying intern to lunch at Koh Grill and Sushi bar on a Mon. Bought her a LA Pro Girl concealer that she had her eyes on previously. We had too much food at Koh Grill, then followed with drinks, whr I "digged about her mysterious bf" stuff keke. Anyway, gd chat with the little gal, sometimes she does remind me of the days I did internship as a小妹, but of cos she is much bolder than the me back then.
Met with WL and we had dinner at Ramen Play. I'm not a fan of Jap ramen but I liked the egg.
Then, we proceeded to watch "Ant-Man" at JEM Cathay.
Not bad a show. I once thought of becoming an ant too. Trying to see the world from the ant's POV, but then I'm afraid of being stomp to death by dinosaurs! LOL. Pardon my stupid childish thoughts.

Rating: 3.5/5
Amelia's hand-written letter to me when she came back to office one of the days to do her internship report, and Rosly's amazing graffiti design with my name! Awesome artwork there. *Now I actually have小妹writing to me omg... reminds me how far I am away from my internship days now.*

Ben, YL, Jess, YS, James, PH and I had dinner at TungLok Xihe at Orchard Central for YB's belated bday dinner, thks to MY's recommendation. YL bought the $120 for $200 value Groupon and we thought it's definitely worth it. Photos credit to Ben.
The Peking duck is of course the main attention and it's damn yummy! All other dishes were to my liking too, including the appetizers and desserts except for maybe I won't ask to do anything with the duck bones/bits of meat (extra $10) after all cos it was nth WOW. *Shall bring my family there in future!*

YB, BY, Jess and I went to Millenia Walk's Teppei Syokudo for dinner on Sat. Jess and I tried the Kaisen-don, with 6 diff types of raw meat. It was fat and chunky and pretty gd, but not for someone like me who cannot take too much raw food. I think the smell puts me off it I've too much of these.
Then 4 of us took train to Tanjong Pagar and came to Forest Darts. It's my first time trying my hands at Darts... some beginner luck here and thr but had super cui tries too haha! Rick and Stephen joined us later, and I guess I enjoyed Cricket more than the 701 game. Nice game!

After gg down to SGH to buy Doxycycline pills ($5.35 for 50pills nia) instead for my Tanzania trip and观音庙to pray, Stephen and I visited the DreamWorks and The Deep exhibition at MBS on Mon.
Stephen thought I'd be more interested in DreamWorks, and I'm ashamed to say that among all the DreamWorks films shown there, I've only watched "Kungfu Panda 2" before LOL. Well, it's not too bad, just I'm not a drawing/animations person... esp bad in such aspects hence I choose to ignore it lol. The Deep was much more interesting and creepy of course, seeing these creatures that belong to the abyss, and though most looked strange, dumbo octopus looked the cutest among all haha.
We literally spend like 3hrs in these 2 exhibitions, so by the time we're done, it was alrdy 7pm and so no chance to visit the free option: "SG Back Now and Then" exhibition. *I think I will tear up in there... bound to hav lotsa LKY stuff.*
We had dinner at Keisuke Tokyo, whr it's famous for the ramen I think. I had the crab-flavoured one... nt bad but it's too small a bowl for me haha~ nt bad an appetite I had that day.
WH and I went for trampoline jumping at Zoompark on tues after work. There was no one ard except for a grp of students training. We put on the grip socks and started jumping ard. It's not as easy as I think and diff trampoline had diff degree of bounciness. I thought I'd be bored for that 1hr ($16) just jumping ard but I guess it was not bad aft all, to jump up and down haha. *We did rock-climbing, but both failed miserably~* And LOL... seeing this "184cm-Sumo-Rabbit" friend of mine jumping towards me was like T-Rex coming to me... freaks ppl out haha.
Just aft exercising for an hr, WH decided he has cravings for Mookata for dinner lol. So we went to the JW branch. It closes only at 3am, and we left about 12+ I think.
Had a gd chat with this kor kor of mine before he cabbed home. But I still reckon his goal of reducing weight can be put on hold forever, for he can "die" without good food LOL.

Jess and I headed down to Raffles Arcade to exchange for USD and THB currencies on Sat, but they were all closed by 1+pm! So we went to Chinatown People's Park Complex instead, and I changed another SGD500 at 1.385 for USD. We had yong taufoo at the food ctr just beside, and gosh there was a long queue, and it was pretty gd.
Tried our luck at Dazzling Cafe since it seems to be full of queues everytime, and we ordered the SG50 set meal that consists of one signature Toast, tom yam tomato seafood pasta and 2 beverages. I pretty much enjoyed the pasta, but the Matcha toast was honestly over-rated. Yes Matcha ice-cream and Azuki beans were gd, but whip cream was overwhelming... I'd rather it be vanilla ice-cream instead. The pomelo peach tea I had was average, while the earl grey milk tea Jess tried was pretty bland imo. Near 60bucks in all, but nope I don't think it's worth queuing for.
We caught Fantastic 4 (2015) at Jcube, but utter disappointment. I hav to agree with what Jess said... no climax. I prefer the 2005 film.

Rating: 2/5

*rRandom eExcitement: Happy SG50 to Singapore! And I'm jetting off to East Africa Tanzania, SS's hometown Zanzibar nex Monday midnight. Can't wait.*

Comments