Ben's belated 27th at Saboten & Jurassic World + Africa trip discussion & dinner at Sushi Tei + Pies & Coffee + Mookata at Bukit Batok + stroll &白米粉with MY + Ted 2

Met up with sec sch clique for Ben's belated 27th bday dinner at Saboten at IMM on 30th Jun. YL showed YB, Jess and I the way via Ng Teng Fong General hospital. I had the curry tender loin set~ omg loved the salad pre-served, the dish, dessert and chawanmushi! Thumbs up for the food.
James, PH, YB, Ben, Jess, YL and I had a nice chat over dinner. YB and PH went home thereafter, whereas the rest of us headed over to Jcube for "Jurassic World"!
Well, I wasn't as fearful as compared to when I was young and watching "Jurassic Park" on tv, but still I "hid and close my eyes" now and then haha~ The movie was as action-packed as ever, with the dinosaurs, but they're much cleverer now, with Indominus Rex as the new intelligent breed on scene. 
Though, I must admit there was less suspense imo, maybe cos Indominus Rex showed herself too much in the movie, so maybe that's why I got less and less afraid as the movie proceeded on.
Loved the showdown between T-Rex and Indominus Rex in the end, and wow I thought Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard) was so fierce to "lead" T-Rex out thr! On a side note, Chris Pratt (as Owen Grady) looks damn cool in the movie!
So all in all, we can nv get enough of dinosaurs... the creatures that went extinct before the a new world is born.

Rating: 4/5 

SS, John, Alex, YJ and I met up at MOS Burger at Raffles City the Sat before to discuss on our Africa trip... necessities and our Safari accomodations. *OMG it's getting us excited and nervous at the same time cos 10th Aug is approaching~* Then, the rest left while SS and I continued shopping ard, before deciding on dinner at Sushi Tei.
The lobster roll maki muz be our fav! The kimchi with pork would be even better if it was hotter. The kimchi seafood nabe was so-so, but it came with real crab leg meat which was gd, and the dora yaki was just gd to complete our dinner haha!
Jess and I headed down to Pies and Coffee at Rochester Mall for tea-time and chat on Sunday. We loved the blueberry tart with vanilla ice-cream~ gd combo. The honey yuzi tea doesn't taste like honey + yuzi though haha. The duck confit was so-so nia. I guess we always hav a lot to talk about, so we can literally "nua" thr half the day, and aft dinner at the HK cafe (which was awful) at Star Vista, we came back to the same spot to watch a bit of“星星的密室”, a China room escape game show I recommended to her.
On tues, WH, WL, YB and I went for Mookata dinner at Bukit Batok on tues, juz beside Wcega Plaza, 1345 Mookata. They have this五花肉with蒜茸on it, which went gd with their own-made chilli and冬粉! Ingredients were pretty fresh imo. However, variety and price-wise (which I dunno since WH treated us to it~ thks!), I guess the JW Mookata would be slightly better. 
*Poor me. Fever in the middle of the night on Mon, and then Mookata on tues, then talk so much to MY on thurs... voice gone. Still in the midst of recovery now.*
The journalist team went to Adam rd for lunch on thurs! I enjoyed the Selerarasa Nasi Lemak there ($3.50 with chicken wings, ikan billis and egg), and yes the rice was pretty fragrant, but I still thought Nasi Lemak Kukus rocks! *Shld go queue for Boon Lay's Power nasi lemak one of these Sats!*
MY brought me to this plain behind Sports Sch at Woodlands in the evening. Pretty quiet place. Good for run, and reflection.

I'm not good at photography, so I simply snapped a bit here and thr, but the scenery was pretty, so however bad my skills are, I thought the photos were alright aft all.
Thereafter, we went to the famous白米粉opp SSC. Did queued for a while before we got a seat. Ordered the medium-sized portion ($12).
Even though it feels like I've had it somewhere before, but thumbs up cos it was so yummy! The sambal sotong ($8) was pretty soft yet chewy at the same time as well. MY tried爱玉冰 ($2.50) for the first time too haha... it was not too sour, which was to my liking.
Then, she drove us to CK's place since CK has a durian for MY. Then, it was the start of my "long long talk" with MY as she drove me home!
Caught "Ted 2".
Hmm. It's normal how skeptical audience can get since sequels are usually not as good. Oh well, "Ted 2" was not as gd for me too. Yes the usual dirty jokes here and there, and the brotherly love was still depicted, but just not touching for me.

Rating: 2.75/5

And today marks "the end" of my Piloxing session round 2! Won't be continuing with the nex round of 8 lessons since I will miss 2-3 lessons because of my trip to Tanzania, but I'm pretty sure I will sign on again when the future round begins. Piloxing has been pretty fun with Lucretia the instructor, and Jess, Althea, KM and Amanda~ seeing all of us sweat and pant like siao is funny haha!
*rRandom tThought: can't wait to sign up for more activities in future!*
*rRandom tThought: We get over ppl and things as time goes by. But can not another one appear to confuse the thoughts again? Trying hard to keep things positive.*

Comments