My 26th Birthday dinner with NCSS clique + poly clique + Press Ball gala dinner + The Breeze @ Scarlet hotel + my bday lunch with colleagues + pri sch clique + Fika Swedish cafe and Gone Girl with YJ + my belated bday dinner with sec sch clique!

Jon's last day at work in mid-oct and we all took photos! Gd luck to him and yup though we will still be seeing each other at work in future haha.
Thanks for LL, KU, KW and Ahna for my bday dinner at Eighteen Chefs! Thought the thai pasta was a bit too hot for me, but it's still the company that matters... sth I emphasize over and over again. :)
Did my gelish manicure using Groupon voucher and headed to Envy Nail Lounge. Told to top up $15 for a French-like design + second colour (blue). It took about an hr but the service was less than gd. Thr was one time when the blue colour on my right index fingernail smudged, and it was obviously cos she didn't paint properly, yet she said it was cos I did not put my hand properly into the UV ray machine, so hit some corners and smudged. The included hand massage was done half-heartedly (as opposed to the 10mins full hand and arm massage I did in Shanghai) as well. $35 for such service? I'm gg back for the soak-off in Nov and that's it. Now I know why ppl prefer to do that manicure overseas if not by themselves. I'm not trusting blogger reviews online that much in future, and will only visit if the salon is near my place and charging affordable rates, if not via word-of-mouth shall I try.
Oh and LX is off to New Zealand for her work scheme trip! I kinda envy her actually~ well if I could hav a choice to do so in future why not!? We had skinny pizza, not bad imo but 50cents for a glass of plain water is ex.
Pat, WZ and I had dinner at Watami restaurant at Junction 8. They bought scarf and some stationaries for me, as well as small cake! So full but thanks a lot gals!
Celebrated dad's bday dinner with zichar as usual! Had to make them wait for dinner this yr cos I ended race duty and reached home 7+pm as usual.
Attended Singapore Press Ball's gala dinner on 18 Oct sat night, together with Yvonne, Jessie and hubby, Eric and wife, Simon and daughter, Michael and Peter. We all loved host Justin a lot I reckon... super hilarious and creative. The pan-seared salmon was nice. I didn't win anything though~ but learnt that diamond worths "nth" if re-sold haha.
Had a hard time drawing my eyeliner sia~ "too bad" I'm still not that girly after all haha! *Gel eyeliner, eyeliner brush, pencil eyeliner... aiyoh confusing.* Whatever~ I tried to draw a decent one alrdy. Shall practise more in future when I can lor keke.
Found out about Breeze Rooftop bar online and jio Jess to go. Coincidentally, Jess's filipino colleague's bf works there as the manager! We asked him what's gd on the menu, and indeed the crab patty burger was my fav! The satays, though pricier of cos, were yummy too. Pork belly however was not to my liking. I liked their dressings that accompanied the food. Sadly, the "tent-seating" arrangements that I saw online was no longer there, and it was under construction. Well, not to say that the couch is bad of cos haha, but it wouldn't be that nice if it rains or if the surrounding was humid. Jess and I talked a lot over there, nice place to chit chat, and she treated me to bday dinner as well~ thanks a lot!
*ZN took a random shot of us at work... a bit eerie haha.*
My nice colleagues were gd enough to treat me to birthday lunch on my actual day of birthday! However, things didn't go very smooth somehow. Order at Manhattan was too slow so we switched to Empire State instead... the pasta was only so-so. Then, there were quick deployment prob on the website, so I sorta finished pretty late~ about 8+pm, before I could leave to meet HT and Alina for my bday dinner at Jcube's Pique Nique.
I always like the decor at Pique Nique! Had my usual salmon benedict again, and the vanilla milkshake... a tad too sweet though. We were surprised to know that they actually gave us a complimentary Red Velvet cake for my bday, upon asking! It's delicious!
We headed over to Starbucks cos Pique Nique closes at 10pm. Ayden came over aft work, and the ladies presented me with a pretty Charles and Keith bag for work, as well as Alina's hand-crafted frames as momentos for me and HT! *OMG she has such a wonderful talent!*
YJ and I met the next day for lunch at Fika Swedish cafe and bistro~ The baked potatoes with some salmon topping and sauce tasted great! So-so for the pancake though. *Funny how we swopped drinks cos we prefer each other's initial choice lol~ so I drank Champis in the end lol.*
Caught "Gone Girl" at Bugis but were seated at second row cos the cinema was super full on Deepavali neh.
Great plot. Nice movie. Ben Affleck was gd, but Rosamund Pike was even better as the female lead. So guys shld be careful if they want a "clever and interesting wife" haha!

Rating: 4.5/5
Ben, YB, James, PH and I met at MADO at JEM for dinner last Monday to celebrate my belated birthday. YB and James got me the bag from Dorothy Perkins, while PH got me a box full of stuff from TYPO. Thanks to them for the treat too!
*rRandom tThought: I should feel lucky I have nice friends around me. So whenever I feel down, I will tell myself not to be brought down by the downs cos there are still many other pleasant things awaiting!*

Comments

Anonymous said…
Knock knock! Guess who?! WAH XUEREN! After all these years, your blog still alive! Hahahah
Snowman said…
Yup u are? Jiaqi? Who?