痞子英雄:黎明再起 + Nana Thai + Ben & Jerry ChunkFest + I Am... + STC USS Teambuilding + Transformers: Age of Extinction + Uni clique OCTopus babies bday gathering

Took a cab down to VivoCity aft work last weds to meet YJ for "痞子英雄:黎明再起" gala premiere. *Cab fare was like $25 from Kranji to Harbourfront~ and then cabbed home after movie... $18... remind myself not to贪小便宜in future~* The director and Mark Chao was thr to say a few words before the show, but ah as usual nth newsworthy.
I used to be a fan of this drama series, and I thought part 1 of the movie was gd too. However, this turned out not as nice imo, though I would giv credits for the action scenes. *I definitely miss Vic Zhou as Mark's partner in the drama.*

Rating: 3/5
Met ZZ and we headed down to Golden Mile Complex for Nana Thai for lunch on sat! We had the thai iced tea, lemongrass drink, mango salad, pad thai, pineapple fried rice, steamed kong-kong and tom yam seafood soup... $40. I would definitely give a thumbs up to the thai iced tea and tom yam seafood soup! The seafood soup has a mixture of sweet, sour and hot taste... well balanced, and there were also lots of shrooms in the soup haha! The mango salad was a gd starter too, but we were too full to finish the rice and pad thai.
Jess and I went to Ben and Jerry ChunkFest at The Meadows in the afternoon later that day, and due to the rain earlier, the field was super muddy.
We queued for what we thought was "free ice-cream" at one of the booths, only to find out that we had to buy faircoins to purchase the scoops of ice-cream. *$11 for 2 scoops... really ex o... and I'm not a fan of Ben and Jerry's somemore.* Dunno if it was the aftermath of the thai food or juz the weather but I was super thirsty, and had to buy another bland iced tea ($5)  to quench my thirst... so I guess no more Ben and Jerry ChunkFest for me in future lol. We headed to Bugis+ and I bought a pair of black skinny fit tapered jeans ($60) cos I liked the dark blue one I had. 
Dinner was at I Am... a cafe at Haji Lane. We were lucky to get a seat as soon as we sat down cos the queues were getting pretty long at night. Lucky for us it was a windy night so alfreso dining was awesome!
We shared their signature platter, and yum it was gd. The Honey with apple and orange juice tasted sweet and nice too. *Yay saw this Guy Laroche blue wallet at The Wallet Shop which I shld be getting for myself as bday present this yr haha!*
Joined the STC USS teambuilding event on thurs and it was my first trip to USS! Jasmine and I went in via boardwalk, and saw MY, Nick, LL and Dom alrdy thr. We were all split into diff teams, and I was in team 8... with KP as the only colleague I knew before the Scavenger Hunt. At first we'd split into small grps to find the ans for the qns, but with Google and internet on hand, most ppl prefer to search for ans online. We gathered back as a team since there were some qns that needed us to take grp photo together. Guess which icon we took photos with? Optimus Prime! Cool~ we actually saw him came out and I took a quick snap... so surreal!
Though we didn't win, and the sun gt a bit unbearable at times, it still was pretty fun aft all. Nick, Jasmine, ZX and I went for lunch at the fast food joint inside USS... oh man $15 for a set meal... and the fish meat was hard like stone somemore... alamak. Jasmine was nice enough to accompany to take Transformer ride and junior rollar coaster ride~ we waited approx 40mins for the latter... and only a mere 15secs ride omg! *Funny how we were the only two screaming lol~*
Rosly, Felcia and one guy went on Mummy ride but I chickened out though they waited for me haha. Had to wait for them for like more than half an hr, and I really wanted to try the Rapid ride at Lost World when it seemed they all were about to leave USS. Lucky Rosly stayed back and accompany me! We took the rapid ride together with some other Security staffs~ and heng I wore the poncho cos apparently I got drenched the worst when coming down from the falls! 2 of us saw that the waiting time for Transformer ride was 20mins, and decided to take it a second time woohoo~ cos I liked the ride a lot!
And just before we left USS, we saw this hip hop grp from Philippines~ love their energy and Rosly is a hiphop fan so he managed to take a pic with them at last haha! Finally we left USS at 6pm wow!
Yup I watched "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in the middle of the night on sunday, and even though it was 2hrs and 45mins long, I pretty much enjoyed! Trust me I wasn't even quite sure what Transformers was about when it came out in the movies but too many ppl talks about it, so I hav to know a lil' about it I guess.
有情有义的机器战士。试问若有血有肉但内心却冷酷无情又有何用?

Rating: 4/5

SS, Mich, YQ, MT, LC and I sang at Suntec Teo Heng KTV on mon afternoon! XY was so sneaky haha~ she came in with the Strawberry bday cake only later when we thought she was only turning up for dinner.
The cake tasted great! After 3hrs of singing, we decided we would not go to 49Seats after all, but instead settled down for dinner at House of Robert Timms at Suntec City... YQ's recommendation!

The fluffly omelette with shrooms and spinach tasted a lil' weird imo... 有点恶though their portion were all big. The gals were all happily asking about SS and how her proposal went, and of cos we were all happy for her. Then, it was the usual OCTopus babies' present and bday cards to be given out to us aft filling our stomachs~
After dinner, we had a small chat at Starbucks coffee, and played some psychological tests... pretty fun! *It's so nice to meetup with friends once in a while and we start joking etc~*
And ta-dah~ I love the card design and alrdy noes what to do with my "angpow money" keke~

Comments