WZ's belated 25th bday dinner + 毕业刊finalisation with YJ + MBS stay with MT & SS + My early bday lunch with QW + 넌내게반했어 + The Perks of being a Wallflower + Interview with Moreira!

My new workstation was done up! "Half a fish tank" haha~ though I don't think I need such a huge workspace. Anyway, nt bad a position with the wall behind haha.
A belated bday dinner with WZ! Pat and I gave her couple mugs plus the mini cake haha! It's nice that we get together, catch up and laugh together once in a while. *Can't wait for our grad photoshoot tmr!*
Had dinner with YJ at Shabu Sai... so full! Anyway, she got her hands on the first print-out copy of our grad mag and we're supposed to do the final edits before printing in bulk. *两位主编看到我们的结晶终于出炉后,都已经记不起赶着编排时的辛苦了……就是开心!*
Stayed at MBS with MT and SS. *SS bought apple cider for us all haha~* We were watching RM at night, oh and of cos the usual talks before bed. *I'm in love with the green tea cake from SweetSpot!* The 2 gals went off to work next morning, and I was lazing ard, finishing "This Means War" before gg home!
QW and I headed for lunch at "Manna Story" on sat, and I thought it's only the lunch treat from her, but dang the necklace and earrings came as a surprise bday gift haha! *Colourful stuff makes my day! Thks QW!* 
"넌내게반했어" tells about sweet sch love between Yonghwa and Shinhye. Traditional and pop music was part of the drama too. I like Shinhye as an actress... she is pretty but not the usual kind we see. Oh and I love Yonghwa's songs, as well as their duets here.

Rating: 3/5
"The Perks of being a Wallflower" stars Emma Watson and Logan Lerman. Charlie (Logan Lerman) had no friends in high sch till he met Sam (Emma Watson) and Patrick (Ezra Miller). 
The troubles in teenage years, the love, the friendship, and opening up to Charlie's past... many of the things we'd been thru while growing up. *Emma and Logan looks gd together haha.*

Rating: 3.75/5

Anyway, it's gonna be Joao Moreira's last wk of riding in SG this wkend, before he heads to HKJC for a new start in his career. Mike was nice enough to bring me to the meeting rm, whr Lydia, Joleen, CH and Phoebe were doing an interview with him on fri.
Found him a humble and down-to-earth guy. He's only 30yrs old, already kinda successful in his career. But fame and fortune hasn't blinded him as yet... he keeps on emphasising that he is a lucky guy. *Yes I will rmb that hard work + skill + luck brought him to whr he is now.* I've only known him for 2+mths ever since I worked here, and we might not hav talked much, but I like his attitude towards ppl.
I believe that a person's attitude determines their altitude. By staying humble and pleasant, I reckon Joao can "create more magic" in future!

One small incident on the bus this morning while I was on my way to tuition: I sat at the upper deck, listening to my mp3. When I turned my head to the right, I saw an uncle "mouthing" sth to me. I took out my earpiece and he told me there was sth on my hair. I panicked a lil, for fear that it's a worm or insect. Brushed my fingers thru, but nth fell down. The uncle moved over, took my wrist and my fingers brushed thru my hair once again... a tiny piece of yellow leaf fell. 
I laughed and thanked him. *Imagine seeing my kids with that on my hair lol~* It's rare that you get kind strangers, pointing out to you the "imperfections" (i.e. stained skirt, unbuttoned top, messed-up hair, hole in pants etc) cos they might worry they'd embarrass you indirectly. But when they do, you do feel thankful. Many a times, it's the smallest of things that touches me. They make me ponder, and believe in the existence of kindness ard us.

Comments