Melben seafood dinner & Poker on PY’s bday + PotaTOHs’ positive for Covid-19 + “일타 스캔들” + “MH370: The Plane that disappeared” + “The Glory” + “Outlast” + Adobe Photoshop Fundamentals course

23/3/23 Thurs: Came home to Potato’s homecooked Nikujaga for the first time! I never had this in Japan before but it’s basically meat, potato, long bean and onion stewed in soy sauce and mirin. We had pork belly with those, and he added in king oyster mushroom and carrot as well~ oh the sauce/soup was sweet and savoury at the same time… went very well with the short grain rice!

Finished watching “일타 스캔들 (Crash Course in Romance) with Potato.

A romance comedy with a bit of dark twist to it.

Rating: 3.5/5

24/3/23 Fri: Qigong class started 15 minutes late due to technical issue and teacher was rushing through the warm-ups, but it was nice learning new moves every lesson. Also did a bit of the abs, butt and thighs Zoom class before lunch.

Potato started to feel cold and feverish while teaching this morning and he tested positive for Covid-19 when he came home. The farmily has to change venue for PY’s birthday dinner and we decided to go over to James’ instead. James, Ian, Cherlyn, Ava and I started to eat dinner before Ning, PY and Fran came. I thought that tinge of red chilli in their butter crab sauce was odd… I’d rather they not add that haha. Otherwise, I do enjoy their black pepper crab, tofu, hor fun, prawn roll and spinach.

Fran came really late at 10+pm after work and the rest of us, bar Ning and Cherlyn, were already playing Poker because the birthday girl PY wants it haha. We played $20 and I lost $17.25 lol~ Ian was the only winner among James, PY, Fran and me! *Good learning experience and I had fun, albeit nervous at times as usual keke.* Fran and I took a Grab home ($7.45 per person) and I got home past midnight.

25/3/23 Sat: Potato took Panadol yesterday but it looked like it didn’t work for him because he was still feeling ache in the lower back and arms, feverish and having a bad headache this morning, so I told him to try the Chinese medicine that James gave him. *Glad his fever went down a bit at night.*

26/3/23 Sun: I felt feverish and cold with weird body ache today as I was eating oats. There’s also a weird feeling in my throat. After lunch, I took my temperature and it was 38.7 degrees Celcius but I don’t exactly feel sick yet, and the ART test for Covid-19 came out negative.

Potato cooked celery, carrot, mushroom and chicken soup for us for dinner. My appetite was not as good, so I did not finish them.

27/3/23 Mon: Potato accompanied me to the doctor but she won’t do the PCR test for me tsk. I ran a fever of 39 degrees Celsius, and tested positive using the ART kit at home. *Weird taste in the mouth and body ache here and there.* At night, the body ache made it hard for me to sleep well and I was feeling hot and cold. We ate sushi for dinner but the腥味stood out more to me during this time.

28/3/23 Tues: I woke up with a sore throat so Potato gave me Lozenges. I had a fever at 38 degrees Celsius so I ate Paracetamol and the cough medicine.

He baked salmon, mushroom and onion to go with cold soba for us for dinner. I managed to finish most of the food.

29/3/23 Weds: I slept well at night but still woke up this morning with a sore throat. I ate apple slices and藿香正气丸in the morning but the stomach just felt weird. I was lethargic in general and slept for more than an hour after lunch. *Sweated a lot so I never go toilet much.* There was more frequent coughing and also I realised a red itchy patch on the right inner arm, just like how I got “Covid arm” when I did my second jab.

30/3/23 Thurs: I still had a bit of sore throat and coughs, and I kept feeling hot and perspired really easily. *There’s also this weird numbness in my arms now and then.* I also felt giddy easily.

Very nice prawn, mushroom and green capsicum in tomato-sauced linguine cooked by Potato for dinner~ I could taste most of it, but I know my taste buds has been off since the first day I’d contracted Covid-19.

31/3/23 Fri: I still have blocked nose, lots of phlegm and coughing. Tried to cook ramen in hot soba soup but I put too much of the soba sauce, so it turned out very salty. *My sense of smell was badly affected… can’t taste much sweetness in Coke when I drank it at night.*

1/4/23 Sat: My sore throat almost recovered but the whole nasal system still felt blocked and unwell, and I’m still positive as I WFH the whole day.

2/4/23 Sun: The ART kit turned negative on my sixth day of contracting Covid-19, so PotaTOHs went back to my in-laws for dinner. 

We also finished catching “MH370: The Plane that disappeared” and “The Glory” on Netflix.

A few theories behind why MH 370 disappeared and is still not found today. It’s both scary and puzzling at the same time to know of the possibilities.

Rating: 3.75/5

Simply shiok seeing the female lead seek revenge over her high school bullies, albeit things she did might not be morally right either. Yet, whatever those bullies did to her was overboard. This drama also taught audience something: the past can come back to haunt you, so don't try evil at all.

Rating: 5/5

3/4/23 Mon: *My blocked nose, numbness in arms and feeling giddy once in a while kept lingering until Thursday or so. I was “unwell” for almost two weeks since last Sunday… oh I hate that feeling.*

Potato cooked sweet corn soup, carrot, onion and potato in chicken stock and also stir-fried green capsicum, potato slices and mushroom for our meatless dinners on Monday. *Big thanks to my hubby for taking care of me in times when I’m sick! <3 Also, thanks to our parents for the dinners and some friends for their concern.*

5/4/23 Weds: Half dragged myself to the two-day Adobe Photoshop Fundamentals course at SP in the morning. There were snacks given to us at 10+am and 3+pm, and there's lunch at 1pm, so I worried for nothing over the hunger pangs I'd had now and then post-Covid. It was school holidays for the students, so only Koufu was opened and the Kimchi maggie mee ($4.50) I ate was damn salty! 

Learned about masking and layering on the first day, and I finished my exercise at 4+pm. *The random numbness in my arms and the blocked nose affected my concentration in class for sure.*

Finished watching “Outlast”.

The only rule to win was to form a team. Man Jill needs to chill. If I were one of them, I’d be like Brian… ousted long ago lol.

Rating: 3/5

6/4/23 Thurs: My blocked nose was much better today, and I had Tom Yam Goong tau foo ($5.60) for lunch, which was better than yesterday's. Mr Jeffery Xu went further into creating shapes and texts today and I too completed my second exercise by 4+pm. I reckon it's even more subjective when it comes to aesthetic, but I don't have the same kind of patience in editing images than proofreading texts! *Producing that "flawless photo" is so hard imo... probably because I'm lazier when it comes to these aspects.* 

Potato cooked Japanese curry for dinner. 

7/4/23 Fri: I won't say I "feel 100%" now compared to before I had Covid-19 because there's still quite a bit of phlegm, some coughing and blockage of the nose now and then. *It even caused me sinus for a few days and my head hurt a bit because of that.* Nonetheless, I'm glad my sense of smell and taste has returned to normal mostly, minus the occasional giddiness and lack of vigour in me. Covid-19 made me so sick in a very long time, and it has definitely broke the momentum I used to have and forced me to take a short pause in life (not the good kind that allows us to sit back and reflect etc because I was too tired to do that!). Now, I can't wait to get back into rhythm and get things up and running again. *Praying hard that there's no long-term negative effect from Covid-19 in us.*  

Had cravings for dry mee hoon kuey this afternoon and I scraped through tuition with Amelia because I still felt tired now and then. Also spent some time in the afternoon to look at classes I intend to take up under the new three-month unlimited class package I'd signed up with Evolution Fitness studio as I'm ready to resume my weekly exercise routine. Enjoyed the seared salmon with rosti that Potato whipped up for dinner tonight~

Comments