Making dumplings with in-laws + “The Silent Sea” + “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings” + XY’s hen floral bouquet-making & dinner @ Supply & Demand + “Spider-Man: No Way Home”

26/5/22 Thurs & 27/5/22 Fri: Had lunch with LL, Zenna, Steven and GM at香港街珍达记at Marsiling. I still enjoyed the fish head bee hoon, but their cuttlefish and kangkong dish was only okay.

Fran did not join me for Pound on Thursday evening, but it was a good workout as usual. I’m also starting to enjoy Stephanie’s virtual Piloxing workouts on Friday evenings because she points out the little things like the alignment of the shoulders that one could have forgotten to pay attention to while exercising.

28/5/22 Sat: Supposedly a quiet race day but there were so many suspension to do omg! Potato cooked bah kut tea for dinner~

29/5/22 Sun: Went over to my in-laws in the morning to learn how to make dumplings from my FIL. It was difficult, from the way one angles the leaves to fold, clasping the leaves with the ingredient together to tying them up with the rattan string! I only managed to make three which were out of shape lol. It was very tough for him too because he’s making like more than 200 dumplings from scratch, but he enjoys doing it for relatives and friends.

Ian came over and we had the dumplings before delivering some over to MM and my mum’s. *Yummy as usual!*

30/5/22 Mon: Good Pilates reformer workout this morning. Also, news of legendary jockey Lester Piggott’s passing flooded my twitter feed the night before, so I had to quickly put up something on the racing portal today.

Simple meatless noodles with mushroom, chives and egg dumpling, carrot, lentil and Ajitama for dinner! 

31/5/22 Tues: Diana filmed us doing an aerial flow together tonight. The moves were not complicated, but it’s always not easy just seeing the demonstration once, doing it once and then getting it perfect at the second time on camera.

I forgot one of the moves but luckily I understood Diana’s instruction. Well, my final pose still wasn’t on point but it was a fun experience. *Have to consciously remind myself to slow down and be more graceful haha.*

1/6/22 Weds: PotaTOHs had FIL’s homemade dumplings for lunch, paired with some edamame and cucumber.

He grilled the marinated seabass fillet (in miso paste, mirin sauce and sake) and made salad with cherry tomato and iceberg lettuce. Yummy!

2/6/22 Thurs: Talked to Mahadi because he was granted stables at Kranji. Spent the whole morning and early afternoon settling two press releases. Good that they went out successfully, but I’m upset that Larry’s story got canned. We have nothing but the best interest for the Club, no matter what we write. I am in no position to question decision from the higher-ups, but I do need to hear their reasons to understand where they came from. *There’s no freedom of speech here.* I want and I need a certain level of freedom to do my job well. Hopefully, we can come to a consensus that suits both parties.

Good workout at Poundfit with Fran! 发泄啊~

3/6/22 Fri: *It’s a case of overthinking imo. And now I have more work to do. Testing my limits.*

Had delicious rosti cooked by potato for dinner before we finished watching “The Silent Sea”, a short sci-fi thriller on Netflix together.

A crewed mission were sent to retrieve samples from a lunar research base called the Balhae station. 공유was the captain leading the team. The water-alike sample they found could actually multiply like a virus when in contact with living cells. Many deaths occurred until they met the clone that was adverse to the effect of the substance, and whom may bring hope to Earth, that had been suffering from extreme desertification.

Many thrilling moments. Alas~ a K-drama that doesn’t have eating scenes all the time LOL.

Rating: 3.5/5

4/6/22 Sat: Very heart-warming when I came home to a pot of chicken stew that Potato cooked for me for dinner. He had dinner plans with Ian, James and Ian’s friend Sergei, but still took the time to cook for the wife who returns from office… feeling loved and thankful to my hubby! Went very well with rice and the Italian herbs elevated the taste further! *Apparently, he wanted to eat it so much himself haha!*

5/6/22 Sun: Yuhua market is opened again after renovation for a few months. Pretty much the same stalls around, but the nasi lemak chicken wing set that I’d always eat have increased by $0.40 to $3.90 now.

Had seafood fried rice with seaweed tofu soup for dinner~ delicious!

PotaTOHs caught “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings” at night.

Tony Leung’s the right actor for Wenwu and he’s even more eye-catching than Shang-Chi or Xialing in the show! I didn’t think I would enjoy this movie but I really did… my attention on Leung almost the whole time haha.

Rating: 4/5

6/6/22 Mon: Found out from Salai that he’s a PHD student in Neuroscience only after our Pilates reformer class.

Cooked sweet corn soup with carrot, tofu, onion and red date with pepper and chicken stock for dinner, paired with stir-fried celery, lentil and mushroom. It’s our meatless Mondays and we quite enjoyed it!

7/6/22 Tues: Yip took over aerial yoga class tonight and we did a series of moves which emphasised a bit on the lower back, but I managed to do them hehe~

8/6/22 Weds: *KNS long hours of sitting in office since the start of June has caused the back of my left hip to ache on and off again…* Potato baked Sutchi fish in salt, Italian herb mix and七味粉, together with broccoli and lemon slices~ quite nice! We had cold soba for dinner too~ my favourite!

9/6/22 Thurs: *The more I hear from people around and the actions the Management levels put out there, the more I don’t get what the Management has in mind for the Club’s future...* Fran couldn’t make it in time for Poundfit because she was stuck in Upper Changi after her shoot! There were slight changes to the song choices and moves but nothing I can’t handle hehe~

Forgot to have dinner before the class so I bought KFC’s Benditto pocket set ($7.80) on the way home haha.

10/6/22 Fri: Potato saw an idea for omelette wrap from Facebook, so we pan-fried smoked duck breast meat first, then use its oil to stir-fry mushrooms and crabsticks before pouring in egg mixture. I tried to wrap them together with shredded iceberg lettuce but it’s too difficult without cling wrap. Potato lagi better… just ate the de-constructed version of the wrap keke! *It’s still a delicious meal no matter what!*

Attended the virtual Piloxing workout with coach Aidah in the evening and I very much agree with affirmation for ourselves. *We must always remind ourselves to love thyself because then will we be able to love others around us and strive to do better in life!*

PotaTOHs decided to have刀削面with celery, carrot, enoki, shiitake, chicken, red onion in tom yam and chicken stock last minute for dinner. Just awesome eating soupy stuff on a cold day!
12/6/22 Sun: PotaTOHs had salmon potato enoki stew for lunch and the buttery flavour in the stew was shiok!

SS and I arrived earlier at Le Blanc Florist’s studio to do some simple set-up for the bride-to-be, XY’s floral bouquet-making session. XY, MT, YY and LC all came later and we started the three-hours DIY session under the guidance of Muf and her husband.

I reckon we spent half the time “shaping” the roses and fillers, and half the time cutting up and wrapping the bunch of flowers into the bouquet. I find it hard doing the “spiral twist” when it comes to preparing to tape the flowers altogether.

Spent about half an hour taking photos here and there and I think we all enjoyed the session! I liked my blue bouquet with the red ribbon YY chose!

Took a Gojek XL car over to Esplanade mall, initially having reserved seats at Alter Ego for dinner but shockingly, almost all their food were sold out by 7pm, so we swopped to Supply and Demand instead. YQ and Mich joined us for dinner. MT, XY, YY and I tried their yuzu beer but it was not as nice as the Kirin one imo. Their shrimp alio olio was okay.  

Caught up with our recent life, had some good laughs and eagerly waiting for Aurora’s arrival in Aug!

13/6/22 Mon: I could feel my oblique muscles working during Reformer class this morning~ Inflation is no joke… three veggies (including oyster mushroom) with rice costs $3.90 now!

I whipped up simple stuff for meatless monday nights.

14/6/22 Tues: We did the “dumpling” pose tonight haha~ quite fun. *Works gets stressful sometimes, and I’m glad I push myself to go on with exercising because it helps with my mental greatly.* 

15/6/22 Weds: Was juggling between the press release and Mahadi’s story. I’m not that good at them yet having only written two to three after Mike left, and there’s a lot of research and verification to be done in the process, so let this be a learning curve then~ not something I cannot conquer anyway!

Had yummy rosti with sausages, and a side of iceberg lettuce, cherry tomato, red onion and apple vinegar~ The pairing was excellent!

Also tied the eucalyptus to the shower head in our master toilet to try since it's said to be able to relieve sinus and reduce pain and stress this way.

16/6/22 Thurs: Club’s internal network was down in the morning and I had no alternative to work with, was about to go home before BT managed to get it up and running near lunch time. *I learnt that, in this department, 人不为己,天诛地灭。* Had lunch with Tracy and overheard some things related to our managements. Utter disappointment. They don’t even know what is showing respect to staff haiz. *一群势利眼的人。我更不该和他们谈感情什么的了。我配合点,不谈钱就拉倒。* Had a good sweat-out with Fran at the Poundfit class in the evening.

17/6/22 Fri: PotaTOHs caught “Spider-Man: No Way Home” together at night.

So that was the movie that dived into the Multiverse first… and it’s amusing to see all three “generations” of Spiderman together and talking to each other haha! I still liked the Toby Maguire version the best.

Rating: 3.25/5

Comments