《무브 투 헤븐》+ first jab of Moderna vaccine + PotaTOHs’ lunch @ 黑轮食堂 & Wunderfolks Tarts for LL’s 50th birthday celebration + insertion of titanium rod for dental implant + resumption of aerial yoga & pilates +《我们的故事3:沉默的年代》+《어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다》+ making of crown mould + dinner with Alina @ Aburi-En + MIL & Nancy auntie’s visit to PotaTOH’s

Many people raved about무브 헤븐(Move To Heaven), so I had to watch this drama.

“We will now help you to begin with your final move,” 한그루 (탕준상) would always start off with this whenever he begins his trauma cleaning job. An interesting new aspect to audience from the point of “trauma cleaners”, a company started by그루’s dad한정우 (지진희), who sadly died at the end of episode 1. The 20-year old teenager with Asperger Syndrome was supposed to have a new guardian, an ex-convict and estranged uncle조상구 (이제훈) of his.

The duo, together with their neighbour나무 (홍승희) continued to help many “clients” of “Move to Heaven” company, and그루had the knack to uncover more just by looking at the dead’s items. Each individual story was touching on their own, right up to the last, which was his dad’s encouragement and love for him.

I didn’t exactly brawl my eyes out like my biology teacher, but I sure did get so touched that I cried several times while watching the drama.

탕준상acted so well!

Rating: 4.5/5

21/6/21 Mon: PotaTOHs had simple udon and mhk with fil’s dumplings, napa cabbage, carrots, and onion eggs for dinner~ shiok!

22/6/21 Tues: Took Gojek to Hong Kah North CC for my first jab of Moderna vaccine this morning. There was no queue, and I got my jab fast and sat down for half an hour for observation on-site. Had chicken feet noodle for lunch at the coffeeshop just beside with Potato, and we cabbed home after that. Potato cooked pasta for me hehe~

The soreness on my left arm gradually kicked in in the afternoon. It was rather hard to sleep at night because I was tossing and turning around due to the placement of the arm haiz.

23/6/21 Weds: Potato did his own version of teriyaki chicken don for us for dinner! *I think it tasted even better that the one I learnt from Youtube keke~*

24/6/21 Thurs: We had a simple Mille-Feuille nabe for dinner. *We finished the Xiao long bao before the main meal la haha.* He added in shimeiji shrooms, carrots, Chinese cabbage and pork belly sprinkled with black pepper in the chicken stock, and boiled them for half an hour or so. Also made red chilli in soy sauce with lemon juice to dip the pork belly~ awesome dish to go with plain rice!

25/6/21 Fri: I decided to try cooking Ebi Tama Sousui (prawn and mushroom soup) for dinner. Bought six tiger prawns from Sheng Shiong in the afternoon, and some enoki and shimeiji shrooms. *I decided to add in baby scallops too.* First, I added in sesame oil and then the de-shelled prawns, but I panicked a little when the prawn meat got stuck onto the base of the pot! *The youtuber used a claypot in his video, maybe there’s that difference…* After cooking the prawns for a bit, I had to fry the prawn head and shells and then add in dashi and sake to cook the stock. Shrooms, scallops, eggs and cooked rice were added in only at the end to simmer and cook for a bit. The look lacks appeal, but the taste was really good! *Another pat on my shoulder, but I can’t eat this sinful dish often!*

26/6/21 Sat: PotaTOHs left for IKEA. Glad that the crowd was sparse, and we shopped a few items for Ian. Had lunch at黑轮食堂where I had卤肉饭($5and he ordered the chicken rice set. The minced meat were a bit more to the savoury side, but it was nice overall. We walked over to Creatr, but chef Leon has not arrived yet haha, so we headed to Wunderfolks to collect the nine tarts Jess and I ordered for LL’s birthday celebration at PotaTOHs’ later that day.

Jess, LL and I had the braised belly meat for dinner that Potato started making since morning! There were chicken wings, pork belly, taukwa, taupok, tauki, cloves, star anise, cinnamon etc~ very flavourful. *FIL’s pickled radish went very well with the dish too.* Played a bit of “Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes” with the ladies and it was rather fun.

For LL’s birthday, we had tarts from Wunderfolks, homemade orange and coffee chiffon cakes by Jess, and LL also bought a box of bobochacha jelly over too… what a “sinful” night lol! The three girls chatted late into the night while Potato was video-conferencing his secondary school friends. *We confide in each other comfortably.*

27/6/21 Sun: We had the braised meat left-overs from yesterday for both lunch and dinner today, with additional chicken wings to it. Potato put some salt on top of the bitter gourd for a bit, because it was said that the salt could suck the bitterness out of it, and then washed it for cooking. He fried the bitter gourd slices with eggs, but it turned out very salty! We soaked the dish in water but it did not help much either, so ended up throwing away the bitter gourd and most of the eggs haiz.

28/6/21 Mon: Went to Dr Winston Tan’s clinic at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital to insert the small titanium rod in between the gums for crowning. The amount of anaesthesia used this time was less than the last when I had to do surgery for the screw, and it took less than three minutes for him to do a small cut and tighten the rod in. *Now I can feel the visible titanium insert in between my pre-molars haha.* Guess the cost is already included in the whole surgery package, and after a week or so, I can go back to Koh Dental to finish up with the crowning. *Lesson learnt too late… take care of your teeth from young if you want to save pain/trouble/money for these unnecessary procedures!*

Potato marinated tom yam sauce and olive oil with onions and chicken legs for dinner. He added in enoki shrooms when cooking~ tasted so good! Xiao baicai was good too.

29/6/21 Tues: Resumed aerial class and we only did stretch and conditioning work mostly in class. *Glad that my brother has found a new job.*

30/6/21 Weds: Felt that the injection site was itchy and I realise a big red patch at the area. I googled and found out that it's "Covid-Arm" that I have, apparently nothing to be alarmed about. I had two other small and itchy patches on the inside of the elbows the next day too. Thank god these went away after about three or four days. *I'm mentally prepared to them again after the second jab.* 

Was vacuuming my place when I heard someone talking next door and the sounds of keys. I opened the door and I saw Angela and Boyd, our new neighbours! They just collected their keys and is here for defect checks, so they took a look at our place as well for some renovation ideas. *Expecting them to move in in September or so!*

*As usual, the appraisal is a let-down for me. Granted, I should be appreciative there is even VB pay-out, but one just could not avoid the sinking feeling when the result is unjustified.*

PotaTOHs had saba fish and baby scallops with celery, cherry tomatoes and shimeiji shrooms for dinner~ nowadays I find celery more to my liking!

1/7/21 Thurs: Potato whipped up fried rice with leftover celery, bitter gourd, baby scallop, crabsticks, cherry tomatoes and eggs for lunch~ not bad!

We had “western” for dinner tonight! Whatever’s on the plate is my all-time favourite: salmon, eggs, butterhead lettuce, cherry tomatoes and potatoes~ not over-filling but satisfying for sure!

PotaTOHs caught《我们的故事3:沉默的年代》on Netflix.

The setting is in the late 70s and 80s in Singapore, so there were many CG scenes that depicts the old buildings, roads and cars etc. As usual, the characters question the government, of “keeping mum”, of lots of policies and “what seems to be the way” in society.

Not bad. Will catch part 2.

Rating: 3.5/5

2/7/21 Fri: Returned to Pilates back-care class with Jean after more than two months… I can feel that my core and abs got tired more easily than before lol. *The moves were targeted and tough too.*

I cooked cold chicken udon with chilli sauce at night for dinner, and Potato helped me with the udon because I was too slow haha. *The sauce itself was made up of light soy sauce, dashi, salt, sugar, miso paste, red chilli and chilli oil… kind of a good base for future pairings with noodles!* I was supposed to wrap the chicken thigh meat in baking paper and add sake and salt to it to marinate for 15 minutes before placing it to boil in the saucepan. However, the wrap opened up and boiling water mixed with the “essence” in the pack instead, so ended up I had no essence to pour over the chicken meat. *The addition of chopped nuts meant extra crunch in the dish… good idea!*

3/7/21 Sat: *The hokkien mee from the coffee shop nearby was pretty good!* Thanks to WS’s company that always give them lots of free food, PotaTOHs had pizza and chicken wings from Yellow Cab Pizza Co. for dinner from them!

4/7/21 Sun: Potato attempted to bake garlic, onion and teriyaki-marinated pork rib for lunch… came out somewhat dry though. However, the celery, bitter gourd, carrot and egg soup in chicken stock was very tasty!

5/7/21 Mon: Cooked hot soba for dinner for both of us as Potato went back to NIE for band practice. It’s the second time I cooked hot soba, and the soba turned out still a little softer than what I’d like it to be. I cooked hard-boiled eggs for a start (turned out they were onsen eggs instead…), then the soba, and lastly, boiled the soba sauce with 500ml of water (should reduce to 300 or 400ml for two next time, because it looked like it could overflow after I add in all the ingredients haha!) and carrots, before adding in enoki shrooms, xiao bai cai, dumplings and onions in those order. *Texture of enoki paired very well with soba, but I could have put in onions earlier, probably together with xiao bai cai!*  

*Finished the Business Chinese Translation Skills test… awaiting the certification yay!* 

6/7/21 Tues: PotaTOHs had KFC for lunch because it’s International Fried Chicken day and there’s promotion to their 2-piece chicken meal for two ($10).

Went over to my parents’ place for dinner as usual but Potato suddenly felt unwell when he got on the bus. He had no appetite when we were about to eat and felt nauseous, but luckily he felt better as he ate more, and was fine after he went home. He thought it could be due to the sugar rush after finishing one and a half cups of coke in the afternoon.

Did one tough move during aerial class that worked the core quite a bit… I cannot lift myself up steadily at all haha.

7/7/21 Weds: *Can’t trust the timing of buses on “MyTransport” app at times.* Went to Koh Dental for my final stages of Osstem implant and the usual cleaning. Dr Lee first screwed a longer rod for me to take an X-ray, chose a shade of colour for the crown before making the blue mould for both the upper and lower teeth. She said all those would go to the factory for them to do my crown, and I would return in two weeks’ time for the cementation and to fix my crown in. *Luckily, no more surgeries anymore for the rest of the crowning process!* Dr Lee was kind enough to point out to me to be gentler in flossing my teeth (and no more interdental brushes except for pushing food out in big gaps!), so that it doesn’t pull on my gums and hurt them.

Finally~ it’s been a year since last July when I extracted my rotten pre-molar via surgery ($380 deducted from medisave, $80 via cash), waited for the wound to heal and then decided on Osstem implant, whereby I had to go thru two times of surgery to insert the titanium screw and rod for the crown to be fixated onto. *However, I’m glad the procedures had been pretty smooth, and both Dr Lee and Dr Tan were absolute experienced professionals whom made me felt at ease throughout.*

Though it was said that for the Osstem implant itself, the cost would be about $2800 in cash (another $1250 via Medisave), but in reality, because of the materials used in surgery, CT and x-ray scan, moulds etc, I estimated, Medisave aside, that inclusive of 7% GST, I forked out near $3600 in cash for just one tooth (and Tooth No.15 now I know… from the receipt lol). Will it be worth? I hope so, but I have learnt a good lesson from this for the burn in my wallet: take good care of the teeth and go for bi-annual scaling and polishing. *Forking out $80+ every half a year is a good investment compared to the pain and extra spending if one don’t diligently look after their oral health.*

*I was feeling good and bought 4D “2434” but never strike haha~ that was the amount I paid for for my visit to Koh Dental today lol.*

PotaTOHs bought the Maxcoil mattress and bed frame ($788) for Ian from Unisprings, shopped at Daiso and Excellente supermarket and had dinner at Pho Street that I craved! I tried their new dried kway teow with prawns, pork, and quail egg set… fragrant prawn soup they have. Potato has his usual dry vermicelli set.

It was 12+am and I heard young people talking loudly at the playground right outside my master bedroom. Got up and saw a group of them seated there, but I could not see clearly if they were wearing masks. *Even if so, they are not allowed to gather in a group of more than two now!* I was hoping they’d go home soon but damn they stayed till 2+am! I was tempted to call the police a few times, but I thought I’d give them a chance. However, no more second chance the next time towards inconsiderate people. *利人损己。。。我睡不好。*

8/7/21 Thurs: Potato baked sutchi in butter and lemon sauce with bits of garlic and green onions~ very nice! The corn that WS passed us was really sweet as well, so the corn, carrot and potato soup tasted wonderful. Xiao bai cai with shimeiji shrooms and carrots was good as usual!

First pair of earrings I bought from WhereBilly because I liked how cheeky she went with the designs for yogis!

Met Alina for dinner at Aburi-En. We both had the kaisen don ($24) but I only thought the minced tuna belly was good, other sashimi only one piece each… not value-for-money. *Happy two months for Jerome and her!* We bought two boxes of pre-packed bubble tea mix ($24) for HT’s housewarming next Saturday at Excellente, and Alina reckon we could get sets of 12 buns from baosg ($46) as well.

9/7/21 Fri: *Pilates class was cancelled without informing students. Tsk.*

Potato surprised me with a bottle of homemade honey lemon water in the chiller in the afternoon, which he pre-mixed the night before… just when I needed it after exercising and vacuuming the house! *He also bought the famous Loong Fatt tau sa piah and fried banana fritters for us, and some tau sa piah went to birthday boy WL haha.*

I bought red chilli, frozen lean pork meat, cabbage, and oyster mushroom for our linguine with pork, oyster shroom and cabbage in wafu sauce! Potato helped cook the linguine in the process~ Overall texture and taste were not bad, but the pork was close to being overcooked, and two red chillies is a bit too much for both of us oops.

10/7/21 Sat: MIL brought Nancy auntie over near evening time to take a look at PotaTOH’s house. We bought cai fan, char kway teow and Indian rojak back from the coffee shop nearby for dinner, and chit-chat as we eat. *Good to know that MIL and Nancy auntie both love their park walks!*

11/7/21 Sun: PotaTOHs had steamed Lapis, Kueh Salat, Lemper Ayam and Kueh Dadar that MIL and Nancy auntie bought us from the famous Lina Confectionery at Bukit Merah. I’m not usually a fan of kuehs, known for their high amount of coconut fillings, but the pandan-rolled crepe with grated coconut coated with Gula Melaka in the form of kueh Dadar was pretty fragrant. The savoury shredded chicken filling in the glutinous rice dumpling of Lemper Ayam was somewhat spicy too, so good for me!

After tuition with Rayne, I decided to head to JE market to buy the Nasi Lemak I haven’t had in a long time on Sundays! Both Potato and I liked it hehe.
For dinner, we cooked sweet potato leaves for the first time because Potato likes the one at the zi char stall near his parents’. I craved for the fried beancurd with fish paste and prawns as I haven’t had it for a while, but it’s quite salty actually. The fried egg with onions and crab legs was not bad.

I thought 《어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다》 (Doom at Your Service) would be similar to "Goblin", one of my favourite Korean dramas, so I decided to watch it.

But slowly, I realised the whole drama revolves only around lovelines and nothing else. *Cannot stand pure “romance drama” at this age already… that’s why I stopped after watching three episodes of《我亲爱的小洁癖》too.* I fast-forwarded many episodes because I found it boring. What a disappointment.

Rating: 1/5

Comments