Osmanthus Sea Coral Jelly DIY + Potatoh's Anniv Wedding Photoshoot + dinner with LL & Jess @ Bok's Kitchen by Hidden Chefs + Dad and my bday dinner + my bday with in-laws + Axiom Rhythm class & Two Men Bagel House with Alina + Potato's degree surety signing & Omoomodon + 32nd bday bouquet & bday dinner with uni girls + visit Vera + Ajumma's with Amelia & online meet-up with sistars + Gyrotonic & my bday dinner @ Le Binchotan + STC Establish Relationships for Customer Confidence workshop & Genki Sushi with Alina and HT + 《三十而已》+ Elemen dinner with Gwen

15/10/20 Thurs: There were a few times when my caixin would wilt like that and it actually pained me a little to see it in such a state. I couldn't tell if it was because I gave it too much or too little water (twice a day) at first. 
Also cooked osmanthus sea coral jelly with wolf berries and chia seeds in the afternoon! Simply brought 1.5l of water to a boil, and the add in three cubes of the solid sea coral jelly to stir and dissolve it, and then let it cool before adding the wolf berries and chia seeds and then let it cool in the fridge for a few hours. Not that appealing looks-wise, but the fragrance of the osmanthus and the taste was good. A gentle reminder to myself to put less chia seeds in future... i.e. about 2-3 teaspoons would do so they don't clump together in the jelly.
16/10/20 Fri: I added more water to it (trial and error) and the caixin grew well again the next day! Started taking the women’s vitality pill from Nano Singapore. Can't really tell if this multivitamin is good but I do feel more energised nowadays.
Also picked up the Manicare Bite No More
gel from 7-11 that I bought online, which is said to stop people from biting their nails. I have the bad habit of biting  my nails and peeling the skin around my fingers since young, and it gets worse when I encounter a writer's block or when I am stressed. Applied this on my nails for a few days, and while the bitter taste is horrible, it doesn't linger in the mouth the whole day like what was said online. For me, it was only there for a few seconds and then gone. Worse still, if I use my bare hands to pick up fruits to eat or what not, I would get that bitter taste in the mouth! Verdict? This was not of help to me at all.
It is also time to showcase some photos from PotaTOH's wedding photoshoot at Sum Studio as it's another monthsary of ours! I read some meaningful words in "The Courage to be Disliked". One part of it talked about seeing life as a series of dots; like a solid line drawn with chalk, and not a line. Life is a series of moments in which a well-planned one is unnecessary and impossible. One lives each complete moment like a dance, as long as you keep dancing, you will get somewhere. PotaTOHs will keep rolling, looking out for each other with every step. *One more month to our second year of marriage!* 

















The microphone set that Potato and I bought online arrived too. *May it be of great help to a brand new start to my VO works (soon) and his teaching life!* Also met LL and Jess for dinner at Bok's Kitchen by Hidden Chefs. Both Jess and I had their char siew dons and I reckon we both enjoyed it a lot. Thanks to LL for my birthday cakes and dinner treat too! *Always happy to be able to lend a listening ear to my two good friends.* 

17/10/20 Sat: Bro and mum treated dad and me to our birthday dinner! Mum also bought cakes in a long long time from the market... quite sweet though.

18/10/20 Sun: Attended the second session of rhythm class at Axiom with Alina on Sunday morning. Got my seat's height and distance from the bar adjusted today again but still felt it wasn't 100% comfortable as I rode. Mandy was as encouraging as before, and though we both felt today's class was not as tiring as the first, my legs still felt burnt-out haha! I have enjoyed the two trial classes, but it's not something I'd want to do long-term.
Alina and I headed over to queue for Two Men Bagel House where she treated me to an early birthday lunch. We ended up standing and eating our "5-ways" and pork bagel... very filling. I liked the cucumber mint ice-blend though~ very refreshing. *The staff would get strangers to combine tables together and then introduce them to each other, just in case those safe distancing ambassadors come in. It's not right. Good luck if anything happens.*
After home-cooked dinner with in-laws, we had the chocolate and angmoh carrot cake that MM and Andre bought for my birthday celebration hehe. Nice.

20/10/20 Tues: Went to MOE building to attend Potato's degree surety signing session with him and his doctor cousin. The process was faster than the previous time, and we went to Omoomodon for dinner~ Potato's treat! Food was not bad. *Jiayou to another 2.5 years of studies my hubby!*
21/10/20 Weds: Received a pretty bouquet from YB in the afternoon from The Bloom Box! That made my afternoon as I was working from home hehe~ As I step grow older, my concern in life is less of material and more of health and happiness. I yearn to learn more that would be beneficial to my health and happiness of my love ones. I know I can still be attracted to "material wants" like good food or clothes and accessories, or even gifts or treats from people, but I am also slowly seeing the "non-importance" of those, and therefore convincing myself bit by bit to let go of them, and to GIVE to people whenever possible, one of the source of my happiness in life. :) I count my blessings. Happy 32nd Birthday to me!


Met XY, SS and MT for an early birthday dinner at T
enya at Orchard Central. Nice soba sets which MT and XY treated SS and I to! Then, we had pistachio and mille crepe cakes for dessert. Glad we had an early dinner so the ladies had ample time to chat over drinks and cakes... about education, parenting, having kids and marriage etc. *How can it be 11 years that we've known each other now!?* 







23/10/20 Fri: Paid a visit to WZ's place to see the one-month old Vera with Pat. Her MIL and aunt were around to help the new-mum look after Vera, who still has a bit of jaundice issue since mum and daughter have different blood types. 

3 of us went to a café nearby her house to chit-chat further in the afternoon. I reckon it's always not easy for a first-time mum juggling with looking after her kid and dealing with interpersonal relationship. Both Pat and I shared rather encouraging advices with her too. Jiayou mama Zhen!
*Thankful for the sportswear and tee from the ladies too!*

24/10/20 Sat: Amelia and I had lunch at Ajumma’s at Funan. We ordered one kimchi pancake, kimchi pork belly stew and sweet-spicy fried chicken toppoki... super filling. Very thoughtful of her to get me a digital drawing of a horse as my birthday gift, and also for a social cause helping some artists with their works.
25/10/20 Sun: Apparently Potato also bought me a tee with cats on the back haha! He had the brown version himself and thus another couple tee for us yay~ plus it only costed $2+ each! *My Potato would try ways to surprise me, but he himself will let the cat out of the bag before D-day comes lol!* 

26/10/20 Mon: Saw a 1-hour Gyrotonic/pilates Reformer + half-hour back massage promotion by Phillip Wain on their Facebook for $68 some time back, and I asked Jess to join me in this trial. Was given a quick introduction of the place by their staff whom showed me the amenities, lounge, spa and massage rooms, gym and group exercise rooms... all for women only.
Then, I was led by my personal trainer onto the Tanita Segmental Body Composition Analyser, which she explained the results and gave me a copy to keep later. *Surprised to see that my metabolic age was only 22 and am happy that both my left and right leg were balanced!* We began the 1-to-1 Gyrotonic session at 3.30pm, and she would demonstrate for me before I do it on the machine. There was strong emphasis on the spine and posture. The level of resistance can also be adjusted for the arm areas, while weights would be added onto the machine as we work the lower limbs. (Ie. beginners 10kgs on each side~) I did not sweat at all after one session, and I can't tell if there was any difference but I somewhat enjoyed Gyrotonic.
Did my 30-minutes of back massage with essential oil... auntie was welcoming and nice. Asked for the price package from the salesperson but did not buy it in the end firstly due to the location, and secondly, I don't think I need those "add-on services" as I am merely looking for a place to practise Gyrotonic or Pilates Reformer. After a shower, I met Jess to take a bus to Le Binchotan for dinner.


Not many customers when we reached. Got the waitress to recommend some dishes to us. We had the Uni and Caviar starter as it was popular, and I pretty enjoyed that, but not Jess who's trying uni for the first time in her life haha. She found the taste a bit overwhelming. Charcoal Tiger Prawns with Mentaiko was good but three pieces for $18 is overpriced. I found the two mains we had, Mushroom Risotto. Shimeiji, Enoki, Truffle and Capellini. Sakura Ebi, Shio Kombu, Chives so-so all in all. We don't drink, so besides the uni starter, I can't get the hype about Le Binchotan. Jess's treat for my birthday, but I feel a little paiseh that this restaurant fell short of recommendation.
29/10/20 Thurs: Attended a two days' "Establish Relationships for Customer Confidence" workshop by the Club from home. Potato brought us tom yam fish soup for lunch and surprised me with a stalk of  sunflower hehe~ perked me up!

Queued about an hour for Genki Sushi at Westgate for dinner with Alina and HT who both like the chain a lot. Was listening to HT's married life and her being a "paw-rent", as well as Alina's rant about her current bf. 
31/10/20 Sat: Been about two months since I started growing my caixin, and they looked ready for consumption anytime haha! Mum joked that the amount I grew was only enough for two to eat, so I guess Potato and I would have it sometime soon.
看完了中国最近很火的现代剧《三十而已》!




这部剧火是有原因的:太贴近生活了,尤其它讲的是面对30岁的我们。顾佳(童瑶 饰)是很了不起的老婆、妈妈和女儿。聪明能干的她为先生许幻山(李泽锋 饰)的烟花公司忙碌,为儿子的良好教育操心,为更好的家庭生活混入所谓的太太圈子并执意撑起茶厂。欺负她儿子的人,她不手软还击;勾引她老公出轨的女人,她铁面应付。她这种现代女强人的坚强很让人佩服,但要像她这样没有勇气和智力还真是不行。王漫妮(江疏影 饰)也是漂亮有能力的高档货售货员,对于爱情她有坚持和要求,后来错踏一步她也从中学习。公司员工钟晓芹(毛晓彤 饰)是最接近普通人的人物了,一开始和编辑老公陈屿(杨肋 饰)因流产发现两人之间有诸多问题而欲离婚,甚至一度因喜欢她的弟弟钟晓阳(晏紫东 饰)烦恼动心,但最后又因一连串事情才发现老公的默默付出以及两人之间因存在多种不了解才产生摩擦。

很多名句,令人深思。三个好朋友,各自面临不同的问题,但看来也都很好地解决了。愿现实中的我们也都有勇气去面对生活的一切。

Rating: 4.75/5
2/11/20 Mon: Gwen and I grabbed car down to Elemen at Millenia Walk for dinner. She crocheted those lovely mask supports for me too hehe. A Eurasian waitress took orders for us and Gwen managed to make small talks with her damn smoothly haha.


We had the 5-course dinner set (about $30 per pax) that includes the starter, a soup, a main, a drink and dessert. This was my second time at Elemen since years ago. The starters of three with the avocado, sweet potato and winter melon with orange slices很开胃! For soups, Gwen ordered the wild cream soup with truffle oil because she loves truffle haha! I loved the 5 elements soup with mushroom and white fungus! My main dish was the blue flower tofu with black truffle wild rice~ the tofu as blue in colour but still tasted like one~ texture was good as well. The portion of the wild rice was a lot too! Rounded up with sweet Classic tiramisu and chilled aiyu jelly and aloe vera with lemon juice (so-so). Gwen had their sea salt coffee... interesting taste to me haha. My iced coconut mint with butterfly pea flower was okay. *Worthy vegetarian food that I can bring my mum to next time!*
Didn't know Gwen and her bf were together since their Poly school days. And my primary school friend here can really talk... with the Grab drivers as well! 

Comments