러블리 호러블리+ Date with Potato and Farmily + Potato’s bday dinner with his family + Jere & Potato’s belated bday lunch buffet @ Shin Minori + eye check @ Paris Miki & lunch with Jess @ Holland Drive Market + BOWS & Japan trip planning with Potato


Finished watching “러블리 호러블리” (Lovely Horribly), starring박시후and송지효, and I watched cos of the latter.
It all goes when the details in “A Ghost’s Love Story” written by송지효in the drama began to happen in reality, all cos박시후and송지효shared “one destiny” since young, in which when one of them enjoys good fortune, the other would be down on luck.

Hmm not nice. Not my kind of drama. Kind of a pointless show.
Rating: 1/5
6/10/18: Did Piloxing with a stand-in instructor cos May’s out of town.
Potato and I headed down to Esplanade library to watch ZH and her students’ performance for children’s day event. Those kids deserve an applause for performing in front of a crowd! *I wouldn’t dare as a child lor.* Aft tat, we met Ning, PY and Francine for dinner at Kim San Leng coffee shop at Bishan, and 5 of us sat at Tuk Tuk Cha and KFC at Junction 8 to discuss about our Japan trip together.

7/10/18 Sun: Aft work, I rushed over to Potato’s place to have dinner with his family. MM and Andre bought 4 slices of cakes to celebrate Potato’s 30th bday too! Tasted gd~ Aft tat, Potato and I hitched a ride from MM and Andre to Buona Vista, before we took the train back, and he back to NIE hall~
8/10/18 Mon: Potato and I met WX, Jere and their 3 mths’ old daughter Zianne for their Jere and Potato’s belated lunch buffet at Shin Minori. The restaurant was inflexible in their arrangement as they could nt let us sit together ahdoi. Nevertheless, Potato and I enjoyed our shares of sashimi woots! We went over to Liang Court and looked ard欣叶Taiwanese restaurant as we are planning to hav our ROM lunch thr.
9/10/18 tues: The shoulder stretch felt exceptionally gd for my aching upper back and shoulders of long time. However hard I tried, I just couldn’t back-flip back into the hammock nyaaa! *Needa get rid of that lil’ fear in me~*
10/10/18 Weds: Aft much delay to my eye-check exam, I finally got down to do it. Yes I’m worried about my “fluctuating eye power” since the check at Menicon in June, but I reckon I hav to hav it sorted out asap if I wanna get new contacts or even glasses to correct my eye power.
Paris Miki carries MIRU lenses, so I opted to go thr for my eye check. Besides the usual refraction and visual acuity test, the optician did the slit lamp exam and undilated retinal evaluation test for me too. For the undilated retinal evaluation test, I was supposed to look into a machine and focus on the red dot, and she would take a flash shot of my eye, that shows the back of our eyes, detecting any abnormalities in the optic nerve, macula and retina. Besides some “tiger lines” (“stretch marks” she coined it lol) due to myopia, I’m glad to know thr’s no other problem at the back of my eyes. 
For the slit lamp exam, she put a few drops of dye on my eyelids and shone light at them from diff directions. This checks for any problems in the cornea. I do have some dry spots on the cornea in both eyes, but luckily nt serious, and some oil blots on my upper eyelids (which she said is what most ppl hav in humid SG, and some warm compressor can help relieve the prob). 
I think the Rhoto C eye drop relief did helped me in the past 2 mths to a certain extent with regards to my dry eye condition. Eye power wise, she said that my astigmatism for both eyes increased by 25 degrees (100, 125) and myopia for left eye increased by 25 (650). But, she told me my left eye has a 6/6 eyesight, whereas right eye’s only 6/7.5, which means my left eye could see small words better than my right. Anyway, I bought 4 boxes of MIRU daily lenses for $154 aft promo and $20 discount given by Paris Miki. Best of all, the two eye checks were FOC. Maybe the best outcome of this visit was to know that my eye power are fine, and I did not have to change a new specs. *But damn my Crizal lens have microscratches all over!*

Walked over to Holland Drive Market for lunch with Jess. She recommended the Yong Tau Foo… gd and only $3. Also started the new round of kickboxing class at night!
13/10/18 Sat: Aft piloxing, I met Potato for breakfast at JE Yuhua market. Tried this鱼片啦啦幼面($4) when I saw that they hav tom yam chilli, but too bad it was not available then. The uncle working alone seemed to be overwhelmed though. It tasted meh-meh la. Potato had prawn noodle. 

Though feeling tired aft exercise, we still went for BOWS event at Bugis. *Now this is the real “overwhelming” part LOL!* Not long aft we stepped in, a rep from MyDreamWedding got us to sit down and talked about wedding shoot packages with us. I din expect that talk to be an hr long sia~ With all “goodies” thrown in for us (all sorts of albums and the interesting “9-in-1” magnetic frame), we could expect photoshoot in SG and JB for S$2388 and all soft copies to be returned. Furthermore, an additional $1.5K for wedding gowns and make-up on AD. I told him I wanted to talked ard further but he was reluctant to let us go many times lol. Well, again, aft we stood up, we got “stopped” by another wedding company. The lady was “forthcoming” with us and told us these Korean photoshoot packages are similar everywhr, and so joked why not sign with them instead of gg round and research more? Potato mentioned that that’s a flawed pt though. 

Ended up leaving the event and we had a gd chat over bowl of黑丸子dessert. I realised I usually alrdy hav a choice in mind, but due to the “greediness” of human’s nature, we tend to want to look out for more options, in case we “lose out”. But Potato brought up a very gd pt on “nt giving more than 3 choices to children”, cos they will usually make worse choices. *I’m a big ginna lol~* I hav to learn to make decisions by myself and not be affected by how others view matters. Glad we talked about planning for our near future too. *Life might nt go the way we want it at times, but we gotta find ways round it, and be appreciative of all things that went and goes well.*

Headed back to my place to work on our planning for our trip to Japan at the end of the year. It’s somewhat done up by now~ hopefully with all the reservations too soon.

15/10/18 Mon: Aft tuition with Han Set and collection of my contact lenses at Paris Miki (Alcon Dailies Total 1 feels very comfy~), I had unagi don for lunch at Umi Sushi which was meh-meh. Went home to work on a story and a PR, and Potato surprised me with the Charcoal Mille Crepe from Lady M!
I’d told him it had been a craving for a long time alrdy, but I din expect him to go and buy aft class and bring it over. It tasted sweet as usual, but I liked the coffee taste… even mama likes it neh! He was doing notes for his test on Weds then. We had a gd talk over dinner regarding one’s beliefs and religions etc. We respect each other’s beliefs no doubt, but as parents, how can we ensure that we do not subconsciously把我们的信仰强加在下一代身上? But I thought again, if we leave our kids to explore outside, they are susceptible to influence from peers and others too, which might or might not be for the worse. Parents might not be totally right, but we have definitely got to be their “guide” in life.

16/10/18 Tues: I fear whenever we do "lizard pose" cos my legs can't stretch out well. Yes, Diana told us to focus on one leg first but even that for me is tiring lol~ but I'll work harder! Oh and we did a new pose macham wrapping "sarong" ard us too haha~ that was fun!

Comments