STC D&D 2017: Retrolicious + Grandma in ICU & wake + Nparks concert & picnic + iLights

2/3/17 Thurs: Took Bryan's car to Marina Mandarin hotel for STC's D and D 2017: Retrolicious in the evening. Took photos with colleagues at the booth and juz outside the ballroom.
Everyone was in a gd mood it seems... can't wait for lucky draw to be revealed haha... 200+ prizes to be given away neh!


Justin Misson was the emcee for the night, and man was he hilarious! The programme kicked off with a 60s dance. Justin divided the hall into two grps, cheering and what not, and my grp won in the end yay!

The food was good overall, the mind reading segment was cool, and the bonus was I won the 65th prize~ Taka vouchers haha!
4-5/3/17 Sat-Sun: Things had to take a turn for the worse. I knew grandma was in ICU on friday, mum, uncles and aunt stayed overnight till Sat. I took a cab with big aunt and third aunt to SGH on Sat afternoon to visit grandma. Potato joined me not long aft. 大舅was alrdy thr. 
She was put on medication, hence the drowsy state as told. There was the oxygen machine, dopamine, noradrenaline medication and milk given to her via tubes. It jus din look comfortable at all as she lied thr. She seemed slightly conscious at times, cos she frowned, her fingers moved etc. I talked to her, using my limited hokkien vocab, but there was juz so much I could share.
Aunt told us we shldn't cry so ahma could leave in peace, well we were all prepared for the worst, for even if she made it home on Mon, her heart and kidneys were alrdy failing. *Well, it was her wish to go home, according to her children when she suddenly was consious on Fri night, though she couldn't talk, she'd nodded.*
I decided to stay overnight cos I din want mum and the rest of the adults to tire themselves by staying up again. Potato, XY and my aunt joined us on Sat night at SGH. *I am very touched o Potato.* I couldn't really slp at the sofa cos it's not comfy, and really cold at night~ only fell aslp for a bit in the morning. 
The doctor asked us the nex morning if we would still want ahma to do kidney dialysis, but my uncle rejected cos ahma din want them to further "touch her body". Also, it can't bring ahma back to health anyway. I guess everyone tot it's juz time for her to pass on naturally.
Potato, XY and I went hm at 1+pm on Sun cos we were very tired. I slpt in the afternoon. Woke up at 7+pm, and dad told me mum called to say grandma passed away peacefully at 5+pm. Her siblings (bar one sis) and children were all by her bedside. My mum, uncles and aunt were busy attending to her身后事at night, getting the death cert etc aft grandma was sent to the casket company for make-up etc to prepare for the wake the nex day.

6-9/3/17 Mon-Thurs: The wake started on Mon morning. The ppl from the casket company bought grandma's body in. Mum and her siblings helped put on grandma's accessories as she told to when alive. I think that was the time I saw mum cried the most during the ritual. She din really cry much aft tat. *My mum's even stronger than me neh~* My cousins and I took turns to折金银纸to prep for burning on weds night, thurs, and头七, 49days and 100days. Uncles and aunts from my dad's side came over. I informed my colleagues (Bryan, Clarissa, MY, Mike and Chris came over to the wake) and some sec sch friends (PH, YB, Ben and Jess came too), Jere as well. Very thankful for them for paying the last visit to my grandma. 
Stayed up for 2nights during that period, so I was somewhat restless. Saw grandma in the coffin, and she was too thin, somewhat diff to how she looked when she was alive. Anyw, big aunt said her spirit was ard during the ritual on weds night, and she looked much younger than even in the photos. The wind was so strong it got chilly too. On thurs, they hired a band cos grandma liked热闹and listening to songs when she was alive. Then, we proceeded with the burial at Choa Chu Kang cemetry, and everything ended in the afternoon.
Still feels surreal to me that grandma's left. It was probably cos Potato and I did visited her a few times since she went in and out of SGH, NTFH and Bright Vision starting from Oct/Nov last year. I can't rmb when she stopped coming over to my place like she used to everynight in the past. I guess ever since her TB, then her difficulty in walking and finally bedridden. *阿嬤,您解脱了。痛苦都没了。安息吧。*

11/3/17 Sat: Went over to third uncle's place cos it was grandma's头七. Had to pray and burn some incense papers. *What's wrong with you complaining about not slping well and ppl talking at 7+am in the morning!? 重点是,这种时候有想要好吃好睡的吗!? And so what if you do "record" what happened? I dun see the purpose. Yes I've got a childish enough cousin omg whom I dun waste my saliva to talk to nowadays. The way she talked back to adults deserve much discipline. Much as I respect my uncle and aunt, she's incorrigible.* 
Potato came over in the afternoon, and we bought canned tuna, bread, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, ham and Jap cucumbers to make salad and sandwich. Did hard boiled eggs and mashed them, plus added mayo to it. These were for our dinner at Nparks concert at Chi Garden.
Found a space and enjoyed the simple home-made picnic food. I tried "The Big Bang" on the spot by The Juicy Way and gosh it's so good imo.
Gentle Bones, Supersonic, 53A, Shirlyn and the UnXpected performed, plus some budding singers of JAM. The concert ended at 10+pm, and Justin Misson was the host. Yes, even Potato tot he's damn gd.
13/3/17 Mon: Potato bought me to Balestier Hill market to try the Long Beach duck rice~ I had the noodle as I wasn't too hungry, but I'd hav to say the duck meat is soft and pretty gd. 
Visited iLights 2017. There seems to be less displays this yr, but a bigger bazaar outside MBS mall though.
Potato saw a toffee cider ($7) so he bought and try.... so-so nia la. 
*rRandom tThought: It's gonna be the start of a real challenge at work soon I reckon. I hope I'll be up to it in no time. I've still got a lot to learn, haven't I?*

Comments